Looking for a dive buddy in SEA over Labor Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FinnDiverMN

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I’m visiting the area over Labor Day, looking to dive the Edmunds underwater park for the first time the Thursday prior. Anyone interested in budding up?

I might be. I haven't dived there, but am interested. What did you have in mind?

Well, I have all day Thursday. I'm staying about a 15-minute drive away, so I can start any time. I understand there's a shop very nearby, so I'd get my tanks and weights there - otherwise hauling my own gear. I've studied the map(s) by the beach, but I don't have a good sense for how big the site really is distance-wise, so don't know how much you see on a single tank. But I would be happy to make multiple dives. Let me know your thoughts. You're in Bellingham, right? So a bit of a drive?

Well, I have all day Thursday. I'm staying about a 15-minute drive away, so I can start any time. I understand there's a shop very nearby, so I'd get my tanks and weights there - otherwise hauling my own gear. I've studied the map(s) by the beach, but I don't have a good sense for how big the site really is distance-wise, so don't know how much you see on a single tank. But I would be happy to make multiple dives. Let me know your thoughts. You're in Bellingham, right? So a bit of a drive?
There is a lot to see along with a nice surface swim to the bouys. You can literally dive all day being so shallow and still miss tons of stuff.

That Thursday looks like a decent exchange at the Park...... I would probably plan for the high slack between about 0830 and 0930. Then should be another low slack between about 3 & 4 in the PM.... The Edmonds shop just down the street will have the tanks and weights you need......plus a map of the park that might be helpful.... Have a blast..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom