Looking for a good operator in Grand Cayman and Aruba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hab25

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys,
i am leaving on a cruise in a couple of weeks and need a good operator in Grand Cayman and Aruba, i really don't want a cattle boat

thanks alot

Gary

Hey there. I just came back from G. Cayman and used Fisheye.
www.fisheye.com Great group. Definately NO cattle op. Contact "bart" on the board in interested or through the website. Not sure how they work it with cruises but I think there was someone out with us one day from a ship. If I recall the last cruise I was on we got into port around 07:00 AM. If you were off the boat by 08:00 AM you could just make the morning dives @ around 8:30 AM. Fisheye may be able to adjust a bit to coordinate with your schedule.

Here's my trip report

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43128

Hi hab

Just got back yesterday from a 10 day trip in Aruba. I dove with dive aruba and was pleased. He's a one man op that takes only 6 max and will take you only to the better sites. Definately not a cattle boat. If you tell me what day you will be there I can tell you what sites you will likely hit - I dove with him for a whole week. All of the other ops I saw there have big boats and have the potential to be a cattle boat.

http://www.divearuba.com/

I'd be happy to answer any other questions

I dove in Aruba this past February. I dove with Dive Aruba. I thought it was a great operation. It's a small boat, so there are no cattle calls. The operator is Clive. He's extremely pleasant and quite professional.

River Rat - thanks for the tip about Fisheye - I'm planning to visit Grand Cayman in March and personal recommendations are great.

I've PM'd Bart asking for advice.

Happy Holidays

Gary,

I got back from Grand Cayman in November. I dove with Divetech on the north side. They are an excellent operation. I would strongly recommend them. I will be going to Aruba in Feb. I plan on diving with Red Sail. Even though they might run cattle boats. They are the only ones who offer Nitrox. Unique in Aruab is also a good operator. They don't run cattle boats.

If you would like more info on Grand Cayman, PM drew_sailbum. He's fortunate enough to live in GC. Wish I were there!!!

Later,

Duane

hab25:
Hey guys,
i am leaving on a cruise in a couple of weeks and need a good operator in Grand Cayman and Aruba, i really don't want a cattle boat

thanks alot

Gary

I visit GC a few times a year.. My two operators of choice are #1 Sunset Divers at sunset house, and #2 Divetech at Cobalt Coast.

Sunset Divers has tha Manta which in my opinion is the nicest boat on the island wich they run all day 3 tank dives, usually to remote sites..

Both operations also allow tech diving to those with the proper certifications.

hab25:
Hey guys,

thanks alot

Gary

My favorite:
Ocean Frontiers

12 max per boat, shuttle service to/from SMB, only boat within miles on a site, extreme courtesy and customer service.

You should also search the "Caribben" travel forum. There have been many threads about GC and Aruba dive ops.

Loved Ocean Frontiers for diving the east side. Treasure Island divers and Bob Soto were good on the west, and Soto's offers nitrox.

I must have been diving the same time as Bridgediver, as I also dove with Clive from www.divearuba.com the other week. Clive was great. Great service, and a small, but very professional operation. Clive knows all the sites as he has been diving them from the beginning. Great briefings before the dive, not only about safety and what you'll see on the dive, but also about the history of the site. One of the best operators I had ever worked with.

-Trent

Back
Top Bottom