Looking for a good quality/good price BCD!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am truly amazed at the prices of dive equipment in your countries. Some of the prices that are quoted are absolutely astounding.

That same Vector Origin that you purchased for 300 euro can be gotten in the Philippines for about 150+ euro retail. Your retailers must be making a killing in profits!!!

Pays to shop around. I use a Vector BCD and bought it for £150. Other retailers including online ones were selling it for £230.

The UK is expensive to buy just about anything due to the 17.5% tax.

Believe it or not, I know people who buy from the UK rather than buying from Mainland Europe. Our vat is even more at 19%

We have found that the site http://www.simplyscuba.com is very competative, especially when the Euro is realtively high.

However with that said lucas-diving has also proved very competative when you have to consider postage.

Paul

I buy some stuff from simply scuba but have found them matbe 10-15% more expensive than other suppliers.

Example my Vyper was £238 off them and £195 off another supplier.

S.S. tend to have a large stock list but not the cheapest.

Ive never used these but a few people use:

http://www.scubastore.com/eng/index.asp

which is based in spain but exports cheaply to other countries and apparently theyre fairly good with price.

The Zeagle Ranger BCD..about 700.00 at the shop but about 400.00 on Leisure Pro and worth every penny. Put one on and you won't even try another. It happened to me.

To: learn-scuba

I agree with your observations. Prices in your countries are indeed affected by higher overhead and the like.

Mine being a third world country, the prices for labor, rental and other such costs are indeed lower.

I have another observation that I would like to mention. I read with gusto the thread on prices at local dive stores and online stores. Imagine my surprise when the Zeagle BCD I saw at the Leisure Pro website was priced US$80 higher than the one in our local dive store. Thank God that in my kneck of the woods we do not have to contend with the LDS vs. Online thing as prices online seem to be much higher.

To the starter of this thread: Sorry for straying a bit from the original topic.:D

You need to go into a store and find out whats right for you for the type of diving you are doing. Majority of Bcd are made for a certain type of diving. Try the bcds on, and pick one that is comfortable to you. Ive sold gear for three years, and bigest problem people get into when gear selecting is 1. lack of research 2. Being over pressured by their buddy or piers to by a certain manufacture or make of gear. Buy what fits your needs best. 99% percent of scuba gear is good quality gear for recreactional fun diving.

AJ

ronanm98 once bubbled...
Hi,

Looking for my first BCD, any information on what is a good BCD, with reference to quality and the price being reasonable.

Any suggestions on One...!

Cheers Ronan.

Hi ronanm98,

I don't know what type of BCD you want. But I know a place you can go the website is..... www.leisurepro.com

Back
Top Bottom