Looking for a Scubapro tech in the area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NAVY21

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey,

I have become interested in doing a little work on my own regs. I move around so much it is hard to find a reliable shop and I just want to be able to do some of the usual stuff like o2 cleaning and preventative maintenance. I’ve got 2 mk25/s600s and a mk2/r190. If there is anyone around the DC area who knows how to do this stuff on those regs please let me know…I’m sure we could figure out some sort of compensation haha. Yes yes, I know they offer classes for this, but I am moving soon and really want a scubapro specific kind of lesson. Thanks everyone!

It isn't impossible, but what you're seeking could be potentially challenging.

ScubaPro frowns on selling parts and rebuild kits to anyone who is not an authorized SP dealer. So, if you're not a dealer, getting the rebuild kits and parts is a PITA.

You can purchase many of the specialty tools to work on SP regs at Peter Built:
http://www.scubatools.com/

Otherwise, the closest SP dealer/tech to DC metro/Arlington/Alexandria that I'm aware of is Ron Pitts at Sea Ventures (703) 425-7676. I dive SP regs, and I have Ron do the annuals. Here is his site, but it appears to be gronked at the moment:
http://www.seaventures-va.com

Give Ron a call, he may have some other ideas. Good luck.

Regards,

Doc

Dave Lee at Brass Anchor in Frederick is pretty handy with Scuba Pros - he's been diving and servicing them for decades. If I had a problem with one mine that I couldn't fix, I'd call him. You might try stopping in to talk with him.

NAVY21:
Hey,

I have become interested in doing a little work on my own regs. I move around so much it is hard to find a reliable shop and I just want to be able to do some of the usual stuff like o2 cleaning and preventative maintenance. I’ve got 2 mk25/s600s and a mk2/r190. If there is anyone around the DC area who knows how to do this stuff on those regs please let me know…I’m sure we could figure out some sort of compensation haha. Yes yes, I know they offer classes for this, but I am moving soon and really want a scubapro specific kind of lesson. Thanks everyone!

I found copied of a good number of service documents for various regs online... While I wouldn't try to service one of my own without training (no real need to honestly), I wanted to know everything about how they work. From what I could tell it definitly requires some equipment past the adjustment tool to properly rebuild one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom