Looking for good full foot fins for diving and snorkeling.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djmccarthy

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello, I currently dive with split fin open heel fins with boots because I live and primarily dive in New England waters. I am looking for a great performing full foot fin which I can take on warm water vacations. Any recommendations out there? Thanks. DJM

Take a look at AquaLung Express full foot fin. I use mine, as does my DM, during Summer operations on our dive boat. These fins are very well made, and provide both speed and power. We use them both on SCUBA and for surface rescue work, and find them excellent for both. Retail is about $100, well worth the $.

Hello, I currently dive with split fin open heel fins with boots because I live and primarily dive in New England waters. I am looking for a great performing full foot fin which I can take on warm water vacations. Any recommendations out there? Thanks. DJM

Freedive Fins will massively outperform all scuba fins for diving reefs in the tropics. Not optimal for serious penetration diving, as the blades can hit the ceiling in a tight and low overhead, but most divers do not get into places like that anyway :)

The Freedive fins travel easily in a large suitcase, diagonally, with your clothes. Scuba diving with them you should use much less air to keep up with your buddies, as these are much more efficient fins than scuba fins. If you liked the splits, then the freedive fin solution is to use the long duration fins, like the Cressi LD 3000....these are made very soft and easy to kick, for spearfisherman in the water on 8 hour competitions....this means a scuba diver will not have to push hard at all, for the much shorter duration dives normal to scuba. This is an inexpensive fin, which obviously will be much better for snorkeling also. See Amazon.com: Cressi Men's Gara 3000 LD Long-Distance Long Blade Diving Fins: Sports & Outdoors

If you wanted the top end of Freediving fins, and are willing to spend over $400, then you would go with the carbon fiber hybrids known as DiveR fins....which perform almost like you have motor powered scooters on your feet. These are at DiveR Australia: Equipment for info and for purchase try https://www.flfreedivers.com/store/index.php?cPath=218_216&osCsid=iar30que4p54vus8t9b0a2tjb6 ( you buy the foot pocket separate..about another $100)

Cressi frog or free frog are a very good choice for snorkeling and shallow freedive (-/+ $35). Long fins are a sweet choice as long as you kick at least 2 or 3 feet underwater (honestly not the best way to hangout on surface) due to its length they don't work so well for the average snorkeler.

I recently got a pair of Cressi Reaction Pros. I've been happy with using them with my warm water gear and they work well for my snorkelling and really basic freediving. Longer than a lot of dive fins, they are not too long and will fit in a suitcase for travel.

I am considering something similar but in a full f:eek:ot.

Anyway, this is my short list:

Imersion E:Green (great general use fin, not too stiff)
Imersion E:Black (stiffer, stronger fin)

You can check out some of the other fins here:
Fins Free diving . Scubastore.com, buy, offers

Good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom