Looking for laid back dive in Tampa area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tanks alot's boat is on the smaller side but Ben runs an excellent operation. Guess he sold the other boat though.

What is he charging for a 2 tank dive now Kim?

Veterans is 10 miles out, most local charters do that one. Tarpon reef is about 4-5 miles out, you may need to find someone with a boat for that one.

eandiver:
What is he charging for a 2 tank dive now Kim?
About $80 + tanks ... now if we get a group the price gets better ... he has a 12 pack boat and will take you where you want to go ... the crew is very accomidating :wink:
Kim P

Divergirl4u:
About $80 + tanks ... now if we get a group the price gets better ... he has a 12 pack boat and will take you where you want to go ... the crew is very accomidating :wink:
Kim P

Anyone busy on Thanksgiving?? :D Day after??? C'mon, who needs giant sales on DVD players and Tickle Me Elmo dolls when you can be diving, right?? Okay, the Wednesday before??

I'll be diving the day after Thanksgiving but I'll probably by doing the Hudson Grotto or something cheap.

cmufieldhockey8:
I'll be diving the day after Thanksgiving but I'll probably by doing the Hudson Grotto or something cheap.

I'm all for cheap...not sure I could do HG. What is actually in there. I read about a VW van, lol...how about fish/veg?

What's the vis. compared to stuff in the gulf?

Not much in fish. There are a few turtles who come to play at the surface and there's a few vehicles at the bottom. It's very dark. I was hoving over the platform while my buddy circled the platform and even with both of us having lights, I lost sight of him. Dave I thought I lost you!

Challenging conditions but great for experience and growth. I didn't go to the bottom till I had 90 some dives.

Divergirl4u:
Kim P

I'm in for one of those.

smatterchu:
I'm all for cheap...not sure I could do HG. What is actually in there. I read about a VW van, lol...how about fish/veg?

What's the vis. compared to stuff in the gulf?

There's always Ginnie. At present the price is right for me and a couple of others:D

eandiver:
At present the price is right for me and a couple of others:D

This is true. My buddies for my cavern/intro class are arriving Thanksgiving night so I'd probably dive on Thanksgiving too. Smatter, have you ever been to Alexander Spring?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom