Looking for laid back dive in Tampa area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I that was my first OW dive, actually...loved it! We're up for meeting there any time y'all want. It's not all that close to you guys though, is it? If you are up that way, let us know and we can dive and do a cookout...

As for these others, we're still Noobs. If the price for Sheridan got better, I might could swing for that....if you don't think it's too advanced.

I mostly want to get wet and see tons of fish...so wherever you guys think. I'm leaving the twins with the Grands while we dive, so I can probably only go once that week...

How far is Ginnie from there?? I was just figuring someplace close to the St. Pete area...

The price may come down a little but it is 21 miles from Clearwater so $80 is a good deal. The wheel house on the Sheridan is in the 40 to 50 foot range and the bottom is 80 so just dive to your comfort/training level.

Ginnie is about 3 hours from St.Pete. Some like it, some don't, some haven't even been there and still don't like it but that is another story.

Going on the number of dives you have and what you are really wanting to see along with your time frame and family my best advice would be Veterans Reef, a bunch of other sites on the way out and the Sheridan in any combination.

eandiver:
The price may come down a little but it is 21 miles from Clearwater so $80 is a good deal. The wheel house on the Sheridan is in the 40 to 50 foot range and the bottom is 80 so just dive to your comfort/training level.

Ginnie is about 3 hours from St.Pete. Some like it, some don't, some haven't even been there and still don't like it but that is another story.

Going on the number of dives you have and what you are really wanting to see along with your time frame and family my best advice would be Veterans Reef, a bunch of other sites on the way out and the Sheridan in any combination.

We've been that deep before, so that's no biggie. We're getting ready to get our AOW sometime soon. I just had read online that the Sheridan was more Intermediate/Advanced, but maybe that was assuming that you were going inside some of the wreck, maybe? I'd love to see my first wreck, and this sounds like a good one!!

So when you guys do Sheridan, do you use both tanks for that location, or where else do you dive around there?

Do we want to start up a thread to see who all wants to join? What day did you guys decide? We can do it anytime on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. If you all had a different day planned, that's cool though...

Thanks for all the help! Sorry I hijacked this thread. :D

The sheridan is one of the few dives in the gulf that has "tons of fish" but it is in 80ft so considered an advanced dive.
Scuba board is doing a Thanksgiving dive in Venice ... check it out
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=162014
BTW love your signature line ... I dive because it is quiet lol great stuff ... being the mother of three the quiet was something I had to get use 2 ;-)
Kim P

Divergirl4u:
About $80 + tanks ... now if we get a group the price gets better ... he has a 12 pack boat and will take you where you want to go ... the crew is very accomidating :wink:
Kim P

Depending on the date, I could be up for one of these trips. Where do they go out of, which marina?

eandiver:

The Sheridan is one of my favorite Gulf dives. I haven't been out there yet this year and would love to see it again. Anyone going there in the next couple of weeks?

Speaking of the Sheridan, Has anyone ever done a penatration dive on that wreck ?

eandiver:
There's always Ginnie. At present the price is right for me and a couple of others:D
Yes some of us happen to have passes for Ginnine ...... she is a beautiful cavern that is ok for OW divers about 45ft ... the water is crystal clear and Ginnie springs is about 2 1/2 hours north of Tampa ... we had a great time there last weekend camping and a river clean up.
http://www.ginniespringsoutdoors.com/
Kim P

N@rco$i$:
Speaking of the Sheridan, Has anyone ever done a penatration dive on that wreck ?

But it is all dark and scary in there :wink: .... I was having so much fun with the swim thrus ... but i never "went in" I could allways see an exit :crafty:
Kim P

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom