Looking for Tekna 2100BX Second Stage Repair Parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kmuell01:
Hope you have found parts for the 2100BX by now. I used to work for TEKNA from '84-'90 and loved the innovation in all of the products. Unfortunately the founder of the company was more involved in the design of new products and not in keeping the company afloat. They had to sell out to some investors in '90, then the company name changed to Ocean Edge. About 4 years later, they had to sell to an Italian company. From there, I'm not sure what happened to the manufacturing of the regs or parts.

I have a Tekna DIGITAL dive timer. It needs to have it battery replaced. Do you know howto change it or where to send it? It a nive timer and I donot whatn to get rid of it.

velazques25,

My wife and I both had Tekna DIGITAL dive timers and they were great. After we got dive computers we kept them to use as back up timers. Finally had to get rid of them because we couldn't find anyone to replace the batteries.

You may want to try this URL. He said he has developed a method of replacing the batteries.

http://www.brassanchor.com

Then click on the link for:

"Dive computer & watch battery service"

Hope you have better luck than I did.

Rickg

velazques25:
I have a Tekna DIGITAL dive timer. It needs to have it battery replaced. Do you know howto change it or where to send it? It a nive timer and I donot whatn to get rid of it.

Sorry to say that the battery is not replaceable. The unit was designed to last about 10 years, then you had to get a new one. Mine just went too!

kekle:
Two or three years ago ocean reef still had parts.
they bought what was left of tekna after they were sued out of existence,
something about a spontaneously second stage disassembly underwater... poof:wink:
I saw one do it
pretty cool
glad it was not my reg
kekle
I bought a cressi airmax that is also an ocean reef model, Can you tell more about this ?
My daughter dives with it and I'll like to know if I should stay even closer ...

I stumbled on this thread and I have a fair amount of tekna service parts for the 2100 series regs. I think I have a service manual also, but before I go looking thru stored items, want to make sure the original poster is still looking. Contact me if you are and I'll see what all I have.

I bought my Tekna 2100BX while I was sitting on a ship on station off the coast of Iran waiting for bombardment orders after the Marine bombing in Beirut. Then I thought that we were going into the Med and target the Bekaa Valley, but the Navy sent ships from the Atlantic fleet and they got to have all the fun plus a port call in Helsinki, Finland afterwards.
That was a great reg - it was stolen out of my truck in Kaneohe Bay on Oahu in 1991, but it had already been years since I was able to find parts for it.
Good luck keeping that baby purring.

I bought my Tekna 2100BX while I was sitting on a ship on station off the coast of Iran waiting for bombardment orders after the Marine bombing in Beirut. Then I thought that we were going into the Med and target the Bekaa Valley, but the Navy sent ships from the Atlantic fleet and they got to have all the fun plus a port call in Helsinki, Finland afterwards.
That was a great reg - it was stolen out of my truck in Kaneohe Bay on Oahu in 1991, but it had already been years since I was able to find parts for it.
Good luck keeping that baby purring.

The BX was the worst of the three. The original brass case T2100 was an amazing reg. The composite cased T2100B breathed similar but was slightly larger and had the same internal parts as the T2100. The T2100BX was detuned and had plastic internal parts and they sucked.

I have now retired my last Teknas, I have given away all my parts, it is a shame these regs are not supported. The rare T2100 is a beast at depth and I mean that in a good way.

N

I am also looking for service parts for my 25 year old 2100, particularly that quarter sized black diaphragm with a metal insert inside the 2nd stage valve assembly; would you happen to have one available?

I stumbled on this thread and I have a fair amount of tekna service parts for the 2100 series regs. I think I have a service manual also, but before I go looking thru stored items, want to make sure the original poster is still looking. Contact me if you are and I'll see what all I have.

SPEARIT,

What a surprise to have this thread resurrected after almost 2 years :) I almost didn't believe my eyes.

Yes, I might be interested in those Tekna service parts depending upon what you have. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom