Looking for water/sport sandals? Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I second the Tech Amphibian by Salomon. I used to wear sandals like the Merrells, but you don't really get toe protection and you still kind of slip around a bit. The TAs are pretty darn comfortable and you get the protection of a full shoe.

Another vote for the Salomon Techamphibian.

In another life when I was a raft guide, we were all about Alps. They were bought out by Teva and eventually phased out. *tear*

Just be sure that whatever you get fits you well and doesn't use velcro.

I have Techamphibians and like them if I am going to be crewing, but for general boat knocking around/diving I like the Teva deck sandals better - http://www.teva.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=6777&model=Vang&mnu=mens. They dry much more quickly and provide plenty of support/traction on a boat deck. PLus you get a Teva tan:D

Jackie

I was having trouble with my wallymart sandals at the boat in the sense that they kept sliding around in the wet deck, and ended up removing them after boarding the boat.

Then I got a pair similar to the Tevas from a West Marine liquidation sale, very cheap ($8.00) and have the grip needed for boating, I know those aren't the best out there, but work very good and they won't slide around on a wet deck.

Also got a Quicksilver pair, but the leather (swede) retains water and the feet never dry out, so now only get to be used on dry land only.

those croc rubber clog things are very popular. I need to get my Keen's broken in probably. yea, I am one of those people that has to cut the tags out of my t-shirts.

Went on a kayaking trip with $30 el cheapo (to make, not buy) sandals from Target. Worst. Mistake. Evar. Blisters, raw spots, connected the top of my foot with one of the guides' guide shoes playing hackey-sack, and the sunburn which wasn't the sandals fault didn't help. Once my feet healed I took them to REI and picked out a pair of Teva Teradactyles. I can't find them on the site anymore but I wore them out once to see how long it took before my feet started hurting and didn't take them off the entire summer (except to sleep :wink: ).

Nike ACG's. Best all around sandal I've ever worn. Comfortable in the water, and comfortable enough to run a mile in on pavement.

catherine96821:
yea, I am one of those people that has to cut the tags out of my t-shirts.

I am too, and let me tell you that it is hereditary, my 3 y-o son is the same way. :D

Nice shots on your site BTW! :14:

i vote for the crocs! - 100% rubber, get wet but never get smelly... the heel strap was designed for either behind the heel for more stability or flips out of the way to the front for "quick in / quick out" - VERY lightweight for those trips where you have to decide what STAYS or what GOs...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom