Loss of life yesterday in Sharm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Really sad to hear as I have been to Dahab many many times. The blue hole takes another life and one more sign makes the wall. RIP.

Anyone knows if she died while attempting the arch? The depth seems to indicate so.

I have used nitrox in Dahab myself and visited the filling station as part of the course. They seem to do a good job, however the DC I dived with didnt have a gasanalyzer so I had to just trust them at the blend (which is breaking regulations) and the marking routines where not very strict, I dived with what was suppose to be, and probably was, 32% and didnt go below the maxium depth.

This makes me upset. My condolences.

Br
Martin.

we have the cdws to keep us safe. Currently have tasked 4 policemen to make sure a dive centre stays closed. It didnt have the required 60 tanks mandated by cdws guidelines so obviously needs armed assistance to keep it closed to protect the public.
:d:d:d

sorry to hear this news

are u suggesting that a technical diver somehow mixed up her tank with the ordinary subex 12litre and went to 60metres, someone also suggests that lung over expansion had something to do with this terrible loss of life,

how would someone mixing up the subex air 28 with a normal air tank make this happen

subex is a german run company with centres all around the red sea, the air they use is called air 28, its a mild nitrox mix, u keep the computer set to 21% and dive as normal,keeping within the limits of rec diving so there is no issue with cns toxicity, i dont think cns is an issue when diving to at least 40m with air 28, i have asked what the mod of 32 and 36 mixes are in another thread, i think they could be a good bit shallower than 40 metres though

did this diver mix up her tank with the air 28 and go to 60 metres deep??

all subex tanks are 12 or 15 litre, are white, they have a black neoprean band around them with subex written on it in yellow, there is also a green sticker, or i think it could be powder coated on, with air 28, i really couldnt see how someone could mix these tanks up with ordinary air tanks,or confuse them with any other tank for that matter!!

i think something other than a mixed up tank caused the problems

i have asked what the mod of 32 and 36 mixes are in another thread, i think they could be a good bit shallower than 40 metres though

Off the top of my head Eanx32's max depth is 33m and EANx36 is 28m (working on O2PP of 1.4)

does the o2pp increase with depth yes, is a higher partial pressure something like concentrating the gas and making it dangerous yes??

Just to clarify here, Subex are NOT connected to this incident. Its spill over from nother thread where someone claims they are giving EAN28 to unqualified people without analysis of the gas and so on. Not related to this incident at all.

Just re-reading post #2, is it possible she got a cylinder of 50% and thought it was air? Wouldn't take too much to mistake someone saying "she got a cylinder for 21" with "she got a cylinder of 28", especially when "28" is kind of stuck in folks head from the Thistlegorn thread.

All the best, James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom