Loss of life yesterday in Sharm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But every DIVER should test every fill!

Tragic and completely avoidable if this is indeed what happened.

Whether I requested trimix, nitrox or simply air, I cannot imagine diving any tank I didn't personally analyze and mark right before the dive.
If every diver should test every fill, then the analysis should be a part of the entry level course (1*, OWD, or equivalent).

Actually it's very rare to analyze air tanks. Anyway it's good for you.

Not seen mandatory green band anywhere outside the USA (and dont think its needed).
The logistics for everyone to analyse every air fill are crazy - its not practical.

HOWEVER, when doing a mandatory deco dive you really should. You are analysing your deco gas mixes anyway so it takes 10 seconds more to analyse the back gas too. Also, at normal no stop depths a tank of EAN32 isnt going to make any difference, at 60m it will so it isnt THAT important at entry level but is past that. This was pure and simple diver error that could and should have been avoided.

Back
Top Bottom