Loss of life yesterday in Sharm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks String & RSS.

So what happened?
No one knows exactly what happens.

The body and the gear were transferred to Sharm without being examined by the responsible, as he was in vacation and they failed to find someone to replace. And as far as I know, the gear is "not available" now.

does the o2pp increase with depth yes, is a higher partial pressure something like concentrating the gas and making it dangerous yes??

I would reccomend a course of basic nitrox. It will answer your questions. As I think internet is not the place to learn diving please reffer to your local shop
:D

As said above there is NO information as to the cause of this incident at all just completely unfounded speculation. The known fact are it was an instructor from sharm doing a deep dive. There was a problem underwater. By the time she reached 25m depth there was already blood an foam in the mask. She was then passed to a recreational diver to bring to the surface (to avoid missing dangerous amounts of deco). On the surface CPR was performed unsuccesfully and it appears to be a lung over expansion injury.

NOTHING else at all is confirmed yet other than that so really cant speculate on a cause given that scarce information.

Just to clarify here, Subex are NOT connected to this incident. Its spill over from nother thread where someone claims they are giving EAN28 to unqualified people without analysis of the gas and so on. Not related to this incident at all.

Are you 100% sure they didn't use Subex?

I was told otherwise, but of course I was not there.

Im not sure it wasnt them - all im saying is there is no information at all as to who they were. Subex only got mentioned due to the EAN28 in the other thread. I have no information as to who it was and the complete news blackout surrounding the incident isnt helping to fill in gaps

Are you 100% sure they didn't use Subex?

I was told otherwise, but of course I was not there.

From my experience, such incidents involve quite a lot of speculation. Then, add the rumors ("A friend of a friend of mine- his friend heard from another friend of her cousin that...") and you get quite a lot of completely different stories...

It is really difficult to know what exactly happened at most dive accidents- people either can't or won't talk about it, from many reasons like shame, fear from authorities, insurance problems and so on.

I can understand the need of every diver to know exactly "what happened" because it is our very human behavior to learn from other's mistakes, which may (or not) help us avoid the same fate.

However, for pedagogical purposes, it does not really matter what "exactly happened"- as long as we can learn from any hypothetical scenario which "could happen" (even if completely different from the case we're talking about). Thus, even if the EAN28 has nothing to do with this specific incident, how to avoid diving with unknown air mix "by mistake" or with "mild Nitrox for unqualified" is of concern for many divers.

I would reccomend a course of basic nitrox. It will answer your questions. As I think internet is not the place to learn diving please reffer to your local shop
:D

excuse me, i will ask what ever questions i like on the internet, and FYI im not trying to learn nitrox diving on the internet, im asking a simple and straight forward question of a fellow scuba board member so i can find out if the person who died perhaps went toxic above 30 metres with a mistaken tank, the information at the start of this tread suggested that the poor women who lost her life had perhaps mixed up her tanks , they say there is no scuba police but it seems the scuba police are alive and well on this forum

if i am not allowed to ask questions on the forum what is the forum for? it seems to me that a lot of people are quiet upset about a relative novice trying to find out some information on different types of diving in this forum, perhaps u should give me ur phone number and ill sit through one of ur nitrox courses or advanced open water courses instead so i can learn everything i need to know, until then i will ask what ever questions i want to which ever member on the forum that is good enough to answer for me, as i said in a different thread i am just asking some questions, i dont want to do any nitrox course yet, when i am ready to i will, and after i ask as many questions on scuba board as i feel i need to i will maybe be better prepared to sit the courses

:D yourself

as for the subex air28 thing, after POSTING AND ASKING QUESTIONS in this forum, i think it is madness to dive using a mix that hasnt been check, do u think that its fair enough for me to ask them for an analiser to check the mix before i dive with them in the future??

and how would this poor woman have had a lung overexpansion problem while at depth, can u have lung over expansion even within a couple of feet at depth?

This is nothing to do with Subex or their 28% mix.

The instructor was a technical diver and doing a technical dive for which she was qualified.

It is very sad .

Yesterday a Polish technical diver from Sharm El Sheikh died in the Blue Hole. His colleagues were searching for his body without success. Today his body was retrieved from 133 meters depth by Tarek Omar, one of Dahab's technical instructors.

Beat me to it. 2nd one in 2 weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom