Lost Lobster Net and Snare at Pompano Dropoff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think Sunday morning will be the only one I can make this weekend. Although I may be able to swing a Saturday night one as well.

Do you guys really get lobsters?? I have not seen ANY (only a few females and small) since mini-season!

Do you guys really get lobsters?? I have not seen ANY (only a few females and small) since mini-season!

I think most of us are equal opportunity lobster catchers. We don't discriminate based on sex, only by size and egg bearing (for spiny any way's).

I've only caught one in the last few weeks, so a few more that were unobtainable. At night there tend to be a bunch of Spanish on the drop off.

I know this info isn't useful for shor divers, but coworkers who have been cathing them have been doing so in 100'

well, never again will i bring my lobster gear on a shore dive, at least not in that area. too much of a PITA for me

About a week ago i dove in boynton, every single person on the boat cought lobsters except my friend & I (first time lobstering). about 20-25 lobsters total on the boat

Aces, Where did you go and which boat? I've seen more lobsters at Publix this year than in the water. NJ to FLA, we are a cool group by the way.

Soamelt, we didn't make it out far, viz was very bad when we were out. Some did see some turtles though. Was good meeting you guys; we'll try again another time.

You all have a good time whenever you go out this weekend. Doing my spearfishing stuff next week.

Aces, Where did you go and which boat? I've seen more lobsters at Publix this year than in the water. NJ to FLA, we are a cool group by the way.

Soamelt, we didn't make it out far, viz was very bad when we were out. Some did see some turtles though. Was good meeting you guys; we'll try again another time.

You all have a good time whenever you go out this weekend. Doing my spearfishing stuff next week.

I think we were actually at the Delray ledges. It was on the dolphin sun..the boat owned by Boynton bch dive center

We thought the vis was excellent. I was able to see clearly an easy 30'. Thought there was minimal particulate as well. There did seem to be that green layer on top still. We couldn't actually see the reef from the surface when we dropped, but once we got a few feet down we thought it was very good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom