LP Equipment - Can I use it right away

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've bought all but one of my reg sets at LDS's. Different shops even. I picked what I wanted and was handed the box - with warranty cards. Nobody hooked them up to a tank, let alone tore into them.

Out of curiosity has anyone bought an Apeks or Mares reg that failed out of the box? I would think the computers would be more likely to have problems.

Genesis once bubbled...
This is a POOL, for crying out loud!

What if this particular pool is 75' deep? Maybe this LDS really has dumped some money into his shop and does deep diving certs. And there really is a chance that something could go wrong down there. Then what?

Texass once bubbled...
I've bought all but one of my reg sets at LDS's. Different shops even. I picked what I wanted and was handed the box - with warranty cards. Nobody hooked them up to a tank, let alone tore into them.

That should teach you to stay away from LDS' when it comes to buying your gear. :D

Buy on-line like the rest of us.

I bought my SP Mk25/S600 from Europe and IT came WITH a WARRANTY card as well. With the Dealer stamp. And the first and second stages were hooked together.

Sorry Mike, et al.

JamesK once bubbled...
Um... I think the "hehe j/k :D" gives it away that it was a joke.
Doh! j/k = just kidding. Okay. I guess the joke was me, then. :wink:

JamesK once bubbled...
I believe "What do you mean you ate 4000 Big Mac's and gained weight! McDonalds should not have let you eat all of those. You should sue" trial lawyers and the "give us all of your income so you can protect you from everything" politicians have completely ruled out any possiblity of personal responsibilty taking a foothold once again in this country.
Unfortunately, I completely agree with you there. We have become involved in a rush to the bottom in this country, where everyone is downgraded to the lowest common idiot. It is my personal opinion that any true freedom to have and make choices necessarily involves the freedom to have and make bad choices. Instead of accepting that bad choices and the resulting bad consequenses are simply a necessary cost of freedom, we are busy tring to eliminate the possibility that anyone may make bad choices by eliminating the choices. Why anyone would want to live in that kind of world is beyond me. Sigh.

On the other hand, you can have some great laughs making fun of all this. A friend and I laughed for an hour making up ways for MacDonalds to respond to this lawsuit (for those of you who don't know, yes, McDonalds really is being sued by three people for making them fat). Perhaps a scale in front of the cash register... if you weigh more than a certain amount the computer will only let you order the salads. Maybe they could make the opening at the front of the line really narrow, and if you can't fit through the opening then you can't order.

Maybe the fast food companies will make you sign a release form explaining that eating fat-filled burgers, fries and shakes can be hazardous to your health. Don't show up until you have it notarized.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom