Made in China

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The regs are still made here.

The LaZer, Ranger LTD, Tech, 911, SAR and all custom BCs are still made here in Florida at this time.

I know this is a "hot topic" and like I said before, this was not a decision made lightly.

Scott

ScottZeagle:
The regs are still made here.

The LaZer, Ranger LTD, Tech, 911, SAR and all custom BCs are still made here in Florida at this time.

I know this is a "hot topic" and like I said before, this was not a decision made lightly.

Scott

If the Ranger Ltd is still made in the USA why not the Ranger? I thought the differences were add on accessories :confused:

arghhh...I want to buy a stiletto, but only if it's made in USA...I wonder if the place I buy it from will mind sifting through them to find me one...

and with the BC's being produced in China, does that mean the prices of Zeagles will go down?

Jack

JackSpearo:
arghhh...I want to buy a stiletto, but only if it's made in USA...I wonder if the place I buy it from will mind sifting through them to find me one...

and with the BC's being produced in China, does that mean the prices of Zeagles will go down?

Jack

:popcorn:

Brettg:
Living in Australia we are seeing more and more products being manufactured in China and the quality has been affected in many instances.

Is this a only recent change in Australia? Here in the US, almost all consumer goods have been made in China for at least ten years. The quality always goes down, so we can buy cheaper stuff but have to replace it much more often, and our money funds communism instead of American schools, infrastructure, etc.

trigfunctions:
Is this a only recent change in Australia? Here in the US, almost all consumer goods have been made in China for at least ten years. The quality always goes down, so we can buy cheaper stuff but have to replace it much more often, and our money funds communism instead of American schools, infrastructure, etc.

I think that is what Brett is trying to say trig. However being an American living in and now a citizen of Australia I can vouch in saying that the chinese infection is much worse here.

What is troubling about Zeagle going to China is not warranty issues (well maybe for the increase of warranty issues Zeagle will have to deal with) but in the end the price will not go down and if anything I bet they will add some. Quality will go down and there is nothing any of us can do whinning about it on the internet. Zeagle knows this. I appreciate Scott being honest and letting us know. That doesn't change the fact that my next BC won't be a chinese Ranger. I'll try to either support the Zeagle US made models or look to other companies.

Money is the bottom line for all of this. If it is a worry then don't buy made in china items. Ask manufacturers and dealers where the product was made. If no chinese Rangers sell in the next 2 years I imagine that Zeagle will either drop that model or find people to sew them.

At a minimum the American flag on the shoulder strap in my opinion should be replaced with a Zeagle emblem. It's misleading to say the least.:no

JackSpearo:
arghhh...I want to buy a stiletto, but only if it's made in USA...
Jack

Yeah.. only buy an american car..

I will buy a German or Japanese car....:rofl3:

comparing a BC to a car is crazy...

but come on, the Germans and Japanese make excellent cars. The Chinese aren't well known for making impressive items...

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom