Made in China

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kim:
Out of interest.......are the Chinese Zeagle products actually sold in the US as well?

Yes, depending on which product, some parts might be made in the US or China. We sell them all around the world, and whether we are shipping to Oklahoma, Sydney Australia, or Paris France - it is the same product.

scubatoys:
Yes, depending on which product, some parts might be made in the US or China. We sell them all around the world, and whether we are shipping to Oklahoma, Sydney Australia, or Paris France - it is the same product.
OK...good to hear that it's a level playing field. I was curious about the specific product mentioned by the OP. Are some Rangers sold in the US made in China, and some made in the US? If so....is there any way to tell the difference?

Just my 2 cents...

for a long run, if Zeagle kept selling their product by appealing a nationalism and patriolism, your market will be limited.

Zeagle must be an image of fine product, not an image of U.S.

hoosier:
Just my 2 cents...

for a long run, if Zeagle kept selling their product by appealing a nationalism and patriolism, your market will be limited.

Zeagle must be an image of fine product, not an image of U.S.

I can say that the MAIN reason that I bought all my Zeagle gear was because of them being made in the USA. I'm not happy about the switch but if it means having Zeagle around then we have no choice.
Before anyone starts, if it was a piece of crap and made in the USA I wouldn't have bought it.

JP hit a good point about the "cheap" item. One of the other KPP guys works with manufacturing. His company sent an item overseas to save money, there were quality issues. They upped the standard and of course the price went up. In the end the price was more than the US made product. This really isn't the issue for Scott and the folks at Zeagle but don't expect the price to go down.

Hey Scott, we still love you man. Just curl up in the corner with Flatty and all will be fine. Just don't let the wife know that you are wearing it.:D (inside joke)

I'm still happier to support a US owned and run company like Zeagle than a company based out of the country. Yeah, I'd prefer that Zeagle still manufactured all their BCs in America, but the fact that some are now made in China won't stop me from continuing to be a Zeagle supporter.

The folks in China will be happy to make an item whatever way the customer wants it; if all the buyer is interested in is CHEAP, then that's how they build it.
If a buyer requests a certain predefined set of parameters that assure quality (7 to 11 stitches per inch, for instance) then that's the way they get made.
With the ever sinking value of the US dollar you can be assured that fewer goods made in the EU will be showing up, unless their prices get jacked accordingly.
With China's currency being tied to the USD they can maintain a heck of a stable market share, unlike the EU markets.

By the way, the same amount of gold still buys the same amount of oil; the price of oil isn't really going up all the time, it's just the US dollar continuing its drop in value.

Zeagle Systems has been around since 1979, and making BC's in Florida since 1982. We still do.

(I've been selling them all these years, first as a retailer, and since 2000 as a sales rep.)

Can any other BC manufacturer say they can still build a BC here? None that I know of. Most companies can't make a damn thing, or repair it.

More importantly, Zeagle can fix anything right here in Florida, and PDQ!

We started just having the mediums and larges made offshore, because we sell huge amounts of those sizes. As Scott has said we can't keep up locally.

The Stiletto is the best quality single tank BC I've seen from Zeagle in a long time, and except for very early on, mostly it has been made overseas. It's now the best selling Zeagle BC!

If you think that American assembled products are made in America from scratch, you have been dillusional for a really long time.

I really worried about the public reaction to Zeagle being partially offshored. Simply because we were the only diving company left standing that hasn't done it solely, for better than a decade.

Can you hold Zeagle to a higher standard than every other company in the industry? Just because we held out longer than the rest?

It would be interesting to see how many US jobs are provided by each manufactuter in the diving business, proportionate to their sales.

My guess is that alphabet would start with a Z!

Chad

Okay, I started this and I am going to end it!!!

Reading through 35 responses to this thread and feeling the passion that Scott, Chad and Chris have for the Zeagle brand I have had to change my thinking. I suppose I was more shocked than upset about the origin of manufacture but I am VERY happy to see that Scott has the same passion for his imported products as he does for his local products.

At the end of the day I am buying another Zeagle product based on the great enjoyment I have had using another Zeagle BC.

Again, I apologise to Scott, Chris, Chad and anyone else I have offended with this thread.

Tonight I am going to get my new Ranger wet for the first time :D

And YES, I will buy another Zeagle product in the future no matter where it is made. As long as it has Scott's backup I am happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom