Made in China

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chad Carney:
Zeagle Systems has been around since 1979, and making BC's in Florida since 1982. We still do.

(I've been selling them all thes years, first as a retailer, and since 2000 as a sales rep.)

Can any other BC manufacturer say they can still build a BC here? None that I know of. Most companies can't make a damn thing, or repair it.

More importantly, Zeagle can fix anything right here in Florida, and PDQ!

It isn't the model of BC that is so much an issue as it is the size. We sell a huge amount of size medium and large product in our popular BC's. As Scott has said we can't keep up locally.

The Stiletto is the best quality single tank BC I've seen from Zeagle in a long time, and it has never been solely produced in the USA. The bladder is the defining part of the Stiletto and we have never made that, yet it's a great BC!

If you think that American assembled products are made in America from scratch, you have been dillusional for a really long time.

I really worried about the public reaction to Zeagle being partially offshored. Simply because we were the only diving company left standing that hasn't done it solely, for better than a decade.

Can you hold Zeagle to a higher standard than every other company in the industry? Just because we held out longer than the rest?

It would be interesting to see how many US jobs are provided by each manufactuter in the diving business, proportionate to their sales.

My guess is that the beginning of that alphabet would start with a Z!

Chad

Chad; With all due respect. I do not think the beginning is a Z, it could well be, and most likely is, Ikelite, DUI, Pelican, USIA, UK, some of the tank and weight folks etc. Atomic, Scuba-Pro, Aqua-Lung, Sherwood, Oceanic, etc. provide lots of jobs for US citizens and make a lot of their products here. Just take off the US flag when it is not made in the US. You don't need to put up the Red China star. A good Zeagle label is good enough for me. The folks at Zeagle are first class.

Yes we must all support our local dive shop.. buy Chinese!

mdb:
Chad; With all due respect. I do not think the beginning is a Z, it could well be, and most likely is, Ikelite, DUI, Pelican, USIA, UK, some of the tank and weight folks etc.

Mike,

I can't speak for Chad, but I believe that he was talking exclusively about BC production.

I look forward to seeing you in July!!!

Scott

ScottZeagle:
Mike,

I can't speak for Chad, but I believe that he was talking exclusively about BC production.

I look forward to seeing you in July!!! Scott

Scott: Yep, could be. Zeagle does a great job designing and manufacturing your fine product line-no matter where the production is actually done. The difference is your customer centered attitude. You aim to please and do it consistently. I'll get to see the Z-Team in action in July. See you at Divers Fair.:wink:

Thanks Mike...looking forward to it!!

Everyone - I really don't see any reson for this thread to continue, to be honest with you. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and I'm not here to try and tell you what is right and what is wrong....you have to decide that for yourselves.

Zeagle will continue to do the best we can to maintain the level of products and customer service that you have come to expect.

Thanks for your continued support.

If anyone has anything else to add, or a compelling reason why this thread should continue, please contact me via PM.

Thanks,

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom