making the switch-wet to drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I never said any such thing. My first response was "I would avoid the ankle weight if possible, adding mass to your legs making fining more work. If you have floating feet, consider gators.", my second to clarify the point with turnerjd was "Being a useful tool is one thing, but your post seem to advocate them as a primary requirement."

Neither directly states nor implies ankle weights are useless and actually admits the can be a useful tool. We have both been around long enough to know there are few absolutes in diving as conditions, people and gear can be very diverse. I stand on my advice though that they should not be the first thing to reach for. BTW: I do actually own a pair of ankle weight and have used them a few times, so I am not just regurgitating scuba board lore.

Easy does it GOG. I had made the post AD was talking about. AD simply stated a reason to use ankle weights.

I never said any such thing. My first response was "I would avoid the ankle weight if possible, adding mass to your legs making fining more work. If you have floating feet, consider gators.", my second to clarify the point with turnerjd was "Being a useful tool is one thing, but your post seem to advocate them as a primary requirement."

Neither directly states nor implies ankle weights are useless and actually admits the can be a useful tool. We have both been around long enough to know there are few absolutes in diving as conditions, people and gear can be very diverse. I stand on my advice though that they should not be the first thing to reach for. BTW: I do actually own a pair of ankle weight and have used them a few times, so I am not just regurgitating scuba board lore.

My you do live up to your name don't you? May I suggest you invest in the Evelen Woodhead reading course. Then when you are done you can read post #31. I've been told that I'm grumpy:idk::wink:

My you do live up to your name don't you? May I suggest you invest in the Evelen Woodhead reading course. Then when you are done you can read post #31. I've been told that I'm grumpy:idk::wink:

I have made (and will probably continue to) enough stupid statements in my life that I don't need you giving me credit for other peoples stupid statements no matter how generous you are feeling
I don't rely on Cheech & Chong for advice, but the Evelyn Woodhead parody was a classic way back when.
Yeah I am grumpy today, Irene messed up my plans to dive Nubble last weekend and I spent way too many hours at Logan waiting on delayed planes this week. Pretty much a total washout.
No hard feelings....

I have made (and will probably continue to) enough stupid statements in my life that I don't need you giving me credit for other peoples stupid statements no matter how generous you are feeling
I don't rely on Cheech & Chong for advice, but the Evelyn Woodhead parody was a classic way back when.
Yeah I am grumpy today, Irene messed up my plans to dive Nubble last weekend and I spent way too many hours at Logan waiting on delayed planes this week. Pretty much a total washout.
No hard feelings....

I did not direct that statement to you. Here is what I posted that you have a issue with, verbatuim: Petrieps, I agree with both your posts. I started dry suit diving with a Uni-Suit it had hard sole attached boots as did the 3 suits I owned after that and until I got this new suit I never considered ankle weights. You stated you couldn't see a reason why anyone would use ankle weights so I chimed in, 2 years ago I would have agreed with you. We never stop learnng do we?

If you look REAL hard you'll see that the 1st word in that paragraph is the nane of another poster Petrieps I even put it in bold this time. I was not putting words in your mouth I was posting about what Petrieps had said not you. The 1st part of my posting was directed at you. If you have trouble understanding that get someone to read and explain it to you. I was making light of your mistake in post 32 no big deal Petrieps had already posted it was not directed at in post 31, now you post saying I'm putting words in your mouth.

I did not direct that statement to you. Here is what I posted that you have a issue with, verbatuim: Petrieps, I agree with both your posts. I started dry suit diving with a Uni-Suit it had hard sole attached boots as did the 3 suits I owned after that and until I got this new suit I never considered ankle weights. You stated you couldn't see a reason why anyone would use ankle weights so I chimed in, 2 years ago I would have agreed with you. We never stop learnng do we?

If you look REAL hard you'll see that the 1st word in that paragraph is the nane of another poster Petrieps I even put it in bold this time. I was not putting words in your mouth I was posting about what Petrieps had said not you. The 1st part of my posting was directed at you. If you have trouble understanding that get someone to read and explain it to you. I was making light of your mistake in post 32 no big deal Petrieps had already posted it was not directed at in post 31, now you post saying I'm putting words in your mouth.

You are 100% correct. As I said, I sometimes make stupid statements and this one I managed to do this one all my myself. I owe you a beer.....

No problem,no hard feelings,a beer sounds good lets go diving then have a beer! Nothing washes the salt away better than a beer.

Guys, this is a good thread. I just bought my first drysuit (Waterproof D1 hybrid). My buddy bought a TLS 350. We both are installing pee valves as the next step. We'll do the class in the spring.

I learned a couple things reading through this thread. I am 57 and have to consider my ability to hold urine these days. In the wetsuit, I'm always thinking about it...drinking gatorade but how much can I drink? It's a pain in the butt to strip off the top part of the wetsuit to run up to the showers after a dive...if I even make it till then!

Now, with the drysuit and pee valve, I can (and will) drink as much as I want!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom