Mako DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

does anyone know if a digital camera could have anycomplications being close to the magnetic motor of the scooter. Im thinking of using this

http://photojojo.com/content/buy-this/the-happy-helmet-camera-mount/

as a removable mount, all plastic and nylon. I might modify it with a tank strap buckle so i can ratchet down a little pressure to hold it snug. I would place this at the narrowest area right before the shroud. On the strap i was thinking a mounting an uwatec bottom timer (for quick time/depth readings) and a compass in modified wrist consoles. anyone have any advice? does this sound like a boneheaded move?

Agree that the handles suck. I just purchased a used one in great condition for $800. It came equipped with the Tekna handles which are basically a pistol grip versus being parallel to the body of the scooter. They are much less tiring.

Laguna,

I've used a PnS digital camera in video mode on a Tekna, the father of the Mako, without issue. I used giant rubber bands to hold it down, about 3" past where the end of the motor/rear bulkhead is, and experienced no problems.

I might modify it with a tank strap buckle so i can ratchet down a little pressure to hold it snug.

Oh hell no! I would never put any kind of pressure that could distort the hull or bulk head. Can you say leak?

I would place this at the narrowest area right before the shroud. On the strap i was thinking a mounting an uwatec bottom timer (for quick time/depth readings) and a compass in modified wrist consoles. anyone have any advice? does this sound like a boneheaded move?

The only thing that is going to be affected by the motor is going to be the compass. Camera and bottom timer wouldn't matter. The compass needs to be mounted as far away from the motor as possible.

i didnt mean really crankin it down on there just enough pressure to keep the rig from rotating on the scooter... also the rubber from the tank strap would grab the casing too.

Back
Top Bottom