Mares Mission 2D Compact Compass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mefabian

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Is there a compass that would fit with the Mares Mission 2D compact console? I bought the 2D because funds were a bit tight when I go my gear. Now I'd hate to have to buy a Mission 3 Compact and then have the 2D just lying around. So, I was hoping to get my hands on a compass that would work with this model. Any ideas?

Should I just get a compass and place it on a retractor to my BCD?

Love to hear your thoughts.

Mark :14:

Mark,

The mission 3 compact uses a different case, so it is not possible to just add the compass unit. Maybe someone will want your 2D or you can go with the compass/retractor option.

Phil

Phil Mintz:
Mark,

The mission 3 compact uses a different case, so it is not possible to just add the compass unit. Maybe someone will want your 2D or you can go with the compass/retractor option.

Phil

Or I could always buy a Mission 3 and sell my 2D on eBay. Still a drag though. Oh well, thanks for the info.

Mark :14:

the mission 3 is the mission 2D with the mission compass module added on. The mission compass module is contoured at the top to fit against the round boot at the bottom of the 2D. It just slides up the HP hose. I know this response is late in comming, but it may help others that search this topic out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom