Mares new Lifetime Service Parts Policy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hdiaz

Registered
Reaction score
According to the Mares announcement on Sport Diver Interactive:

"Mares will also offer the opportunity for consumers who purchased a Mares Regulator in 2004 or 2005 the option to upgrade to the new Lifetime Parts Policy for a nominal fee."

Any details on how this will be implemented or what the "nominal fee" will be?

hdiaz:
According to the Mares announcement on Sport Diver Interactive:

"Mares will also offer the opportunity for consumers who purchased a Mares Regulator in 2004 or 2005 the option to upgrade to the new Lifetime Parts Policy for a nominal fee."

Any details on how this will be implemented or what the "nominal fee" will be?

Hdiaz, we are extending the opportunity for anyone that purchased a Mares regulator from an authorized dealer, to upgrade into our new lifetime service parts policy for a $35 administrative fee. Below outlines how to and who qualifies. Please visit your local Mares dealer to receive and fill out the form. I would suggest calling your LDS ahead of time to assure they have the form on hand, some may not. If you or your dealer needs any more help please feel free pm me. I can have the forms forwarded to your LDS.

REQUIREMENTS AND ELIGIBILTY: PROGRAM VALID THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2006

1. Applies only to the original owner when purchased by an Authorized Mares Dealer.
2. Dealer must verify that annual service has been maintained to qualify for the upgrade.
3. Attach a copy for proof of valid warranty in the form of plastic “credit card” style warranty card.
4. Dealer must fill out form completely and return with requested materials and payment
(Credit Card Only) of $35.00 + applicable sales tax to

Good diving to you,

Zak

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought all regs purchased from a dealer got free parts for life? Is there something different about Mares regs when you buy them from a dealer?

Each manufacturer may have a different policy. We used to have a policy that included no charge 2yrs of service parts w/ the purchase of a new Mares regulator. Our new policy states "Mares will supply the necessary parts for the annual service of the regulator 1st and 2nd stages at no charge to maintain the Limited Lifetime Warranty, for the useful lifetime of the regulator to the original owner." Assuming the original owner follows the guidelines of the policy.

I take it that this is not available for the Mares Ice that I purchased in Feb.?

Gamehunter,
If you purchased your regulator in Feb of 2006, from an authorized Mares dealer, you are automatically enrolled in the service parts policy. The policy went into effect Jan 1, 2006. Speak w/ your LDS about the details.

Zak--

How is this warranty (or, for that matter, the old two-year one) applicable worldwide?

I'm an American, living in Europe. I bought two Mares regs last year from an authorized Mares dealer in the U.S. -- I have a U.S. mailing address I'm authorized to use.

The regs are coming up on their first annual service. If I have the service done here with an authorized dealer (much lower labor costs, and no need for shipping), should I expect free parts?

--Marek

The policy for the free service parts is in the U.S. and Canada only. This is not a world wide policy. I would recommend, if possible contact the dealer you purchased the regulators from and upgrade into the program. In the event you move back to the U.S. your regulators will then be under the new policy. All policy upgrades must be completed within the 2006 calendar year. If you need some assistance w/ this I'll try to help you.

Best

Zak

Thanks for the quick reply, Zak.

When I eventually return to the U.S., would a U.S. dealer then recognize annual services done by a worldwide dealer? Do you guys at Mares keep any kind of database? And would I still have to return the equipment to the dealer I bought it from originally (implied on your web site)?

--Marek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom