Mask that leaks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To add to the above, the Xdeep frameless mask might be a good bet. Marketed to fit multiple face sizes. I got one and it's pretty good. Solved my sealing problem.
Trying on before buying is always best when it comes to masks. I took a chance with xdeep, but it worked for me.

Make sure you try on your mask with a reg or dorkle in your mouth. A good fit with tight lips is likely to leak when wrapped around a reg.

Cressi SF1 also may work, and has a good price.
Free diving/spearfishing masks also would help

For some reason the ScubaPro Solo mask fits a lot of faces.

I prefer the Tusa masks myself, I use a Tusa Zensee but I got a Tusa Paragorn too and the silicon on the Paragorn is incredibly soft … (I use the Zensee because it is a clear glass rather than UV tinted and that works better in U.K. diving for me IMHO with green/dark water)

Yes it leaks more after a clear. Unfortunately I have to clear at some point because it leaks a bit too much to just let the water there ! And yes I lost some weight...
Same here. At some point you must clear it.

I have loved my TUSA VISIO TRI-EX MASK. It has a great seal. I got it from Divers Direct years ago but I don't think they offer it anymore. You may want to go through Tusa. Search Google for "M-31-CBL Tusa"
The Zensee is art as well. REALLY soft silicone that just about clings to your face

Getting older I have unfortunately new winkles o_O and all my masks leak !
Any solution that I could test ?
I had same problems and tried every suggestion - nothing worked (I did NOT try using super glue). I got a full face mask (FFM) (Ocean Reef Neptune). Wow! never leaks never floods (If any water gets in it is "automatically" pushed out without any work on my part. Great increased field of view. You can get "heads up display" for them also. Only problem is for "octopus" - I got quick connect/disconnects and have those on my mask and octo. When my wife was diving with me in her FFM she had the same quick connect so we could share air if needed. You also need to carry "bailout" mask and snorkel in something attached to BCD. You can take extra quick connects on trip and see if dive guide will put one on their octo. Won't mess up their kit at all and can take off when go home.

For information I found a mask that almost doesn't leak. Unfortunately it is the most expensive :) But if it works...
It is the Tusa Paragon.
I added a bit of cream for the lips as someone advised (just on the spots I thought it was leaking) and I had almost no more leak for several dives I made with this mask

For information I found a mask that almost doesn't leak. Unfortunately it is the most expensive :) But if it works...
It is the Tusa Paragon.
I added a bit of cream for the lips as someone advised (just on the spots I thought it was leaking) and I had almost no more leak for several dives I made with this mask
The mask skirt is so soft on the Paragon. Enjoy the dives with it :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom