med student dive elective?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rudcpr

Reaction score
Hello,
I am a 3rd year medical student (and avid diver) at The Ohio State University and a fellow student and I would love to do a 4-week elective in dive medicine in another country during my 4th year. At this point, I'm not sure how to arrange such an elective. Can you please give me some suggestions if you have any?
Thanks so much!
Craig Rudnick
rudnick-1@medctr.osu.edu

one option is that you apply at foreign clinics with a decompression chamber. I had an offer to work for a month at a decompression chamber of a hospital in Sharm el Sheik, Egypt. In the end I did not went there, but in case you are interested I could look up the adress etc.

If Las Vegas counts as a foreign country for you, we have a recompression chanber at UMC, and it is a teaching hospital.

They do many treatments there, not too many dive related, but lots of chamber rides for patients at the hospital.

University Medical Center
http://www.umc-cares.org/

Back
Top Bottom