Membrane drysuits for hard use - what do people recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doing this to my delicate trilam would give me nightmares

Attachments

• 21DCD030-EF4C-44A6-AFE5-DB043C331B53.jpeg
    21DCD030-EF4C-44A6-AFE5-DB043C331B53.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 83
+1 for a crushed neoprene suit. I use an OThree Ri200 for Commercial work and an FE Argonaut for recreational / Tech.

A trilam drysuit wouldn’t last a day on a gnarly commercial job. The crushed neoprene will also offer you more protection against say heavy pile marine growth in a surge.
Clearly makes the point that there's a need for two drysuits; the well-hard commie one and the delicate sports diver one.

I've only ever seen commercial divers in heavy duty neoprene drysuits.

Clearly makes the point that there's a need for two drysuits; the well-hard commie one and the delicate sports diver one.

I've only ever seen commercial divers in heavy duty neoprene drysuits.
Exactly. Pretty and Sh!tty as my wife calls them!

If Seaskin had a front zip neo suit I might have actually gone that way. The back zip killed it for me, but I know there's some manf that do front zip.
Can you name a few manufacturers that do neoprene drysuits with front zip? I haven't found many (or I didn't look very well).

Can you name a few manufacturers that do neoprene drysuits with front zip? I haven't found many (or I didn't look very well).
I believe O'Three? There is another UK manf. but I can't remember the name.

I have never seen one in person, so no idea how well that would work.

Why not vulcanized? Like trellerborg Viking

DUI does a crushed neoprene with a front zip; it's called the CF200. I got drysuit-certified using one of those things, and although it was a heavy suit, it was practically bulletproof.

DUI does a crushed neoprene with a front zip; it's called the CF200. I got drysuit-certified using one of those things, and although it was a heavy suit, it was practically bulletproof.
DUI drysuits are notoriously expensive.

Back
Top Bottom