Membrane drysuits for hard use - what do people recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DUI drysuits are notoriously expensive.
Perhaps on your side of the pond, the prices are even higher than over here? DUI suits are not cheap in the US, by any means, but DUI's prices are about on a par with Santi.

Perhaps on your side of the pond, the prices are even higher than over here? DUI suits are not cheap in the US, by any means, but DUI's prices are about on a par with Santi.
Santi is way cheaper in Europe. For some reason they slap 1500 dollars on top when they send it over to the US. Pretty ridiculous. I almost bought an e.lite plus last years and the usp was 2200 usd including 20% VAT... so well under 2 grand. At the time, the price in the US was well above 3 grand without tax.
I definately would never buy any Santi product if I lived in the US. Kind of a rip off what they're doing.

I got to see one of these first hand, and seems fairly robust and well made. If I was to be replacing my suit, this just might be the top candidate:

I've had a quick look around on a few manufacturer's websites, some of them have hyper-compressed neoprene, but apart from DUI I haven't seen any crushed neoprene - is hyper compressed the same as crushed?

Look no further than a DUI CF200. It meets all of your requirements.
For work I would buy a cheap back zip suit. I would not to want spend 3 or 4 grand on a suit that's going to be cut up and get filthy.

Look no further than a DUI CF200. It meets all of your requirements.
Have you seen the price of a DUI? From dirdirect.com:

It's £3,300/$4100 for the DUI CF200 -- plus extras (pee valve, etc.)

Compared with the top-end Santi E-lite+ at £2,240/$2,800

The DUI CF200 is 38% more expensive!

Comparing it with the Santi Enduro at £1,865/$2,300 (their "tough" drysuit) it's almost twice the price.

But comparing it with an OThree Port10 drysuit (their "all day wearing" drysuit) from £1000/$1240 it's over 3 times the price!

Have you seen the price of a DUI? From dirdirect.com:

It's £3,300/$4100 for the DUI CF200 -- plus extras (pee valve, etc.)

Compared with the top-end Santi E-lite+ at £2,240/$2,800

The DUI CF200 is 38% more expensive!

Comparing it with the Santi Enduro at £1,865/$2,300 (their "tough" drysuit) it's almost twice the price.

But comparing it with an OThree Port10 drysuit (their "all day wearing" drysuit) from £1000/$1240 it's over 3 times the price!

It is a suit worth every penny you pay for it it will last decades of active diving.

It is a suit worth every penny you pay for it it will last decades of active diving.
Is it as strong as other suits? It seems very flexible, making me think it's also a fair bit thinner than many other neoprene dry suits. Would you use this for everyday abuse in an environment where sharp edges and dirty waters are a constant factor?
Personally, I would go for something tougher and cheaper. Less change of damaging it, and if you do, much cheaper to replace.

Back
Top Bottom