Mid week LJ dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well we got in the water and swam around to the alligator head area. We went down and headed out at a 30 degree heading and really didn't see much. We didn't make it out to the rock pile before we turned back in due to lack of air. We saw a large crab but that was about it. We swam back in but not toward the stairs - we ended up back at alligator head.

The dive was only 27 minutes at a max depth of 39 feet. The viz was only about 5-10 feet and the temp was fine at about 67 at depth.

I am planning on diving Wed so hope to see you all there...

ryanarcher:
Well we got in the water and swam around to the alligator head area. We went down and headed out at a 30 degree heading and really didn't see much. We didn't make it out to the rock pile before we turned back in due to lack of air. We saw a large crab but that was about it. We swam back in but not toward the stairs - we ended up back at alligator head.

The dive was only 27 minutes at a max depth of 39 feet. The viz was only about 5-10 feet and the temp was fine at about 67 at depth.

I am planning on diving Wed so hope to see you all there...

I think Sean wants to hit the south canyon wall, from the marine room. NW (300) swim from the buoy. I have no preference, and am sure we will find it this time. Else it would probably be LJ Shores. I'm looking at the tide tables for Sat 14th. 9:59am is +4.3 HT, and 3:33am -0.4 LT. I think it will be too low for South Casa. Must get Terry to take us out there some time.

Terry said the plan is to go to the marine room Wednesday. Usually be in the water by 6:30 pm. I'm fine with the reefs or the canyon. We'll do it eventually!!

Sean

if you guys can dive sunday @ 6:30am marine room, i'll take you to the canyon. will post again on thursday to confirm the time and date.

kf6cxf:
if you guys can dive sunday @ 6:30am marine room, i'll take you to the canyon. will post again on thursday to confirm the time and date.

We know where it is, been there done that, how about the North Wall, Secret Garden???

Thanks for the invite kf6cxf! I'd love to find the secret garden... We are going to the marine room tomorrow. We will be in the water by 6:30 pm. Come and join us if you like! So Sunday you can lead us to the secret garden? :)

Sean

I'll be there Wed for the dive - hope to see more than last time :) I am also up for an early morning Sun dive! Secret Garden? Where is that?

ryanarcher:
I'll be there Wed for the dive - hope to see more than last time :) I am also up for an early morning Sun dive! Secret Garden? Where is that?

Can't tell you, it's secret................

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom