Mid week LJ dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebuddysean:
Terry said the plan is to go to the marine room Wednesday. Usually be in the water by 6:30 pm. I'm fine with the reefs or the canyon. We'll do it eventually!!

Sean

Guess I was too late! I got to the Marine Room at 6:20 (traffic) and got my BC together thinking you were up at your car. I was lagging thinking you guys were up at your cars getting ready...turned out the people I thought were you guys were 2 other people who had already been diving. I saw your car, Roy's Mustang and John's truck (good to see he is no longer missing!). I went down to the water and saw you guys out in the water so I ran to my car, suited up and tried to catch up to your bubbles...but gave up soon after getting in the water!

Upset I missed you (and that my gear was now all wet and I was going to have to rinse it all) I went to the cove thinking I could find someone else to dive with. I got there and didn't find anyone so I did the unthinkable! I dove alligator head by myself! I know I know! Horrible thing to do...but I had been reading a thread about solo diving last night so I just did it. It was the best dive all week!

I was down for 51 minutes at a max depth of 47 feet with the temp at 51 degrees at the coldest. I saw lost of stuff and I loved the dive! I know I shouldn't solo dive...but I was just disapppointed beacuase I missed you guys at the Marine Room!

That's too bad. I tried to call you but my 10 received call limit on my cell phone deleted the #. Send me a PM with your #, and I'll add you to my phone so next time we can be sure to connect. Funny I saw someone at the beach but didn't even think it was you Ryan. They were all waiting for me at 6:15 out in the water. We would have waited had we known you were going to be late.

Sorry!,
Sean

divebuddysean:
That's too bad. I tried to call you but my 10 received call limit on my cell phone deleted the #. Send me a PM with your #, and I'll add you to my phone so next time we can be sure to connect. Funny I saw someone at the beach but didn't even think it was you Ryan. They were all waiting for me at 6:15 out in the water. We would have waited had we known you were going to be late.

Sorry!,
Sean

That's OK - I had a good, though unsafe, dive at the cove. My cell is 858-717-0404.

ryanarcher:
Guess I was too late! I got to the Marine Room at 6:20 (traffic) and got my BC together thinking

blah, blah, blah.............

disapppointed beacuase I missed you guys at the Marine Room!

Missing your own dive, that is not acceptable my friend. Not to worry, I also though 6:30pm is the arrival time, guess not. Thank god I had to go pick up a tank and drove by earlier.

Perhaps those who have not been diving with me do not know so I will post here in hopes of avoiding future confusion.

In the future, if I say., "hey everyone, I am diving at 7pm at the cove, come on down and join me" I mean I am DIVING at 7pm. If you are late, and you call, we will wait so long as the sun is not baking me in my suit. Anyone want my cell number, send me a private message and it's yours.

That said, sorry we missed ya Ryan. Had we known, we would have waited. Or at least made Sean wait. :wink:

Terry
BTW: tell me you solo with a redundant air source at least!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom