Miflex hoses. Anyone used them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I am not mistaken, I think you will see an anouncement ON THIS BOARD about the distribution of miflex hoses here in the United States. I think you might also expect to see Dive Sports make them available if all works out well with the current negotiations with a US supplier. I have seen and held one, and they are REALLY nice. If only that could get moving on the HP version.

Phil Ellis

Thanks for all the posting and discussion on Miflex Xtreme hoses.

These will be available in the US from March 08

We will support this with a US information website Miflexhoses that will be linked to the distributors site to enable stockists to be found easily.

Mark, as ever, has made some very good points about their use and once you have seen the hoses you will understand the difference in wieht and flexibility.

If you have any questions about the hoses please feel free to email me and I will try to answer them and forward any stockist enquiries on to our distributor

Peter
Miflexhoses

Hello Peter,

Welcome to Scuba Board. Thank you for posting here in the regulator section; please consider setting up a forum in the "Questions and Answers from Manufactures." section.

ScubaBoard - Q and A for Scuba Manufacturers

couv

p.s. Will you carry hoses that fit Scuba Pro and Tusa Air 2 and inflators? How about high pressure hoses.

Interesting.

I'm not one to look for a solution where there is no problem (and hoses are the least of my maintenance issues). However, one irritant about the standard rubber hose is how stiff they become in cold (below 40 degree Celsius) water. Do the Miflex hoses maintain their flexibility in cold water better than rubber? This itself would make it worth looking into for diving in my part of the world.

Ok, maybe a dumb question but are these ok to use with mixed gases and how high an 02 level?

Interesting.

I'm not one to look for a solution where there is no problem (and hoses are the least of my maintenance issues). However, one irritant about the standard rubber hose is how stiff they become in cold (below 40 degree Celsius) water. Do the Miflex hoses maintain their flexibility in cold water better than rubber? This itself would make it worth looking into for diving in my part of the world.

Rick, I've used them extensively in 4°C water for long periods (testing kit, etc) and they remain just as flexible as when I have used them in the Red Sea and the Caribbean. The lightness is a great bonus for those travelling divers get hit with ever tighter restrictions on baggage, and the flexibility is another.

Mark

If I am not mistaken, I think you will see an anouncement ON THIS BOARD about the distribution of miflex hoses here in the United States. I think you might also expect to see Dive Sports make them available if all works out well with the current negotiations with a US supplier. I have seen and held one, and they are REALLY nice. If only that could get moving on the HP version.

Phil Ellis

...I agree with the sentiment that they should also produce/offer HP hoses as well....any idea if/when that may happen ?

Karl

Thanks D_B,

There is an adapter fitting which converts a standard regulator hose to a QD for either size

Interesting.

Rick,

You (as usual) are correct in that there is no problem that needs a solution. But if one needs to replace a hose, why not go with something that will be less subject to damage when coiled up in a carry on bag? Now, about the problem of cost....

c

Rick, I've used them extensively in 4°C water for long periods (testing kit, etc) and they remain just as flexible as when I have used them in the Red Sea and the Caribbean.
Nice. Oh, and BTW, I meant FAHRENHEIT, not CELSIUS of course. Duh. But, I guess you figured that out.
Rick,

You (as usual) are correct in that there is no problem that needs a solution. But if one needs to replace a hose, why not go with something that will be less subject to damage when coiled up in a carry on bag?
Makes sense to me.

If I am not mistaken, I think you will see an anouncement ON THIS BOARD about the distribution of miflex hoses here in the United States. I think you might also expect to see Dive Sports make them available if all works out well with the current negotiations with a US supplier. I have seen and held one, and they are REALLY nice.
Well, having regularly looked at their US web page, I note that the Where to Buy page now exists and says that they'll be distributed in the US through XS Scuba. (Does that mean we can order them yet? :biggrin:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom