Miflex hoses. Anyone used them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well spotted, the press release was only sent out today and the website has just been updated.

Product will be available for sale by XS Scuba during March

Well, having regularly looked at their US web page, I note that the Where to Buy page now exists and says that they'll be distributed in the US through XS Scuba. (Does that mean we can order them yet? :biggrin:)

Hi will have online pages ready for these hoses by the end of this week. Who knows, you might even see a Hot Deal about these. Stay tuned.

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

Based on the UK prices, just for comparison, the 210 cm hose (~83", close enough to an 84"/7' long hose) was £34.89, which is (currently) $68 and change. The US price list on the US website says $62.95... I'm happy with that conversion. :wink:

That's an expensive hose to be sure, but a 7' rubber hose weighs an awful lot, which is an issue for int'l travel, so it's certainly not outside the realm of possibilities for me...

It will be interesting to see how well the long hose routes, though... will it be too flexible in some ways? Has anyone tried this who can report?

Oooh, and one other concern. The product data sheet lists it as being compatible with "Air, Air mix, Nitrox and Oxygen". What about Trimix? Will these hoses hold helium mixes ok?

That's an expensive hose to be sure, but a 7' rubber hose weighs an awful lot, which is an issue for int'l travel, so it's certainly not outside the realm of possibilities for me...

Would be interested to see what the weight difference would be on a full set of hoses vs standard hoses:

- 7ft primary
- 24" alternate
- 22" LP inflator hose
- 24" drysuit hose

A few pound reduction in weight in my regulator bag would be welcome for travel rig.

*DB standing outside of door* "Open, Open, Open, Open ..."

:D

DB...Brad is working on our MiFlex (pronounced mee-flex) hose pages right now. We are going to start taking pre-delivery orders early next week. We expect our inventory, limited as it may be in the first go-around, to arrive near the last week of March. If we are lucky, maybe earlier. These hoses are the real deal. Lighter than standard rubber hoses by almost 40%. These things are going to be nice. The Dive Sports prices will also be right. Stay tuned.

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

ok, I keep seeing that these hoses are lighter than regular hoses, do they float? I would have to think having a floaty 7 footer would suck having it come up over the back of you head....

DB...Brad is working on our MiFlex (pronounced mee-flex) hose pages right now. We are going to start taking pre-delivery orders early next week. We expect our inventory, limited as it may be in the first go-around, to arrive near the last week of March. If we are lucky, maybe earlier. These hoses are the real deal. Lighter than standard rubber hoses by almost 40%. These things are going to be nice. The Dive Sports prices will also be right. Stay tuned.

Phil Ellis

OK Phil,

Send a set to me and I will test dive them for you free of charge.

Always here to help,

couv

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom