Miss Scuba Manners....What's your unwritten dive etiquette rule?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think most of us on the thread want to come off as threatening anybody. I'm an introvert and not spontaneous. If you accost me, I'll freeze up in surprise and by the time I finish thinking things through, the situation will be over. So I'm not apt to lash out at anybody.

That is a very good policy, I am mostly the same way, 98% of the time, it is that other 2% of the time that gets me in trouble. It takes a lot though to pull that trigger fortunately. The best policy is to ignore them.

The best policy is to never touch other people or their stuff and if you think they need help, ask first. Of course, there are time it is obvious somebody needs help and when that is the case, I will just do it and risk their wrath later, if they are falling for example!

This guy fell down on his face, with a smack, in Coz last time I was there. I was standing there so I leaned over to ask him if he was okay and offer my hand to get him up---- BACK OFF--- he growls. Wow dude, chill.

I will not allow bad people to make me one of them.

N

I am obviously calmer than I thought by comparison to some of the answers.

I have to agree with touching my kit, I am very particular about how it goes together, is cleaned and stored etc. I do get touchy when divers lift twins by the manifold, if you don't know how to do it, don't do it.

The one thing that does get my hump is the division of kit handling duties. If you don't want to carry it, don't dive with it. All the talk of valet service sounds great, I have never been offered it on holiday and our dive shop insists you put your own kit together. I am quite willing to help anyone who is physically struggling with humping their kit but watching divers f*$k off to the showers with no thought as to how their kit gets home really gets on my wick.

Back
Top Bottom