Mission Accomplished: Complete Dive Kit In Single Carry On Bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Won't fly with some ops

"I understand that upon all our dive boats – there will be no NUDITY"

I still haven't heard the story behind this line in their policy.

I have switch to sports clothing plus swim suits almost exclusively on tropical trips. Takes up no room, almost weightless and hand wash-drip dry if I get desperate.

If Island hopping = dive gear, 1 Sun Rash Guard, 1 Surf Trunk, my flip-flops, my shades, toothbrush and my wallet. for all the rest is Master Card, and what ever the hotel will provide.

To the 12 SB'ers who travel with their BP&W's?

Well, how many Freedom Plates did Eric Sedletzky make and sell? Not many, I believe. I hope somebody with that kind of mindset decides that designing a backplate backpack and doing a tiny production run would be worth it for whatever reasons.

Try pulling out the stays and plastic backplate out of a backpack and sticking the BP in their place. If it fits, cut holes for cambands and call it mission accomplished.

If I knew for sure what model backpack would work and how to do it, I might attempt it. I think it might require a commercial sewing machine, though. I would really prefer if somebody else did the design and construction and just offered them for sale to the "12" of us. :)

If I knew for sure what model backpack would work and how to do it, I might attempt it. I think it might require a commercial sewing machine, though. I would really prefer if somebody else did the design and construction and just offered them for sale to the "12" of us. :)

I recently threw out my last old backpack, and my current ones are too new to ruin, so you'll have to wait. I do know you can get 2" plastic grommets for the slots -- whatever the word for the finish on the edges is -- but I wasn't serious about them anyway: why would you want to dive with a backpack. Replacing the internal frame with the BP may well be worth doing, though, if it fits. I'm pretty sure mine will, but mine's just a regular size no-name piece of alumin(i)um. Long plates. fancy plates. contour plates: who knows.

I had my carry-on weighed on my last trip is the whole thing including your extra personal item under 7kg?

I love automatic bag drop machine. No one is able to persuade it to accept overweight check bag!!!!

Took a look at yours. Nice pack. Mine is the Osprey Farpoint 55 and it has a detachable daypack as well but I have never used it detached. In fact, I wish it wasn't detachable. The extra straps just add bulk although you could look at it as extra padding.

As long as one's carry-on fits in each passangers allotted space I don't see an issue.

I absolutely love to travel with the far point 55. Flying Qatar airlines abroad I had to separate the two packs due to the 7kg(15 lbs.) weight limit.

But that SS back plates can fly in cabins does surprise me. Positively. Just don't believe everywhere...

I just took mine to the Maldives from Philadelphia through Doha and not one word. On the way home my pack got unloaded for a bottle opener (non blade type) not confiscated though:cheers:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom