MK25-Which end is up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This thread is actually quite useful for many types of regs. I recently bought an Atomic reg and the shop had routed the hoses so that it was swivel down. I thought they did it wrong :) I much prefer swivel down, especially with the kelp diving we do here in N. Cal.

The new MK25s have an "AF" suffix which means "anti-freeze" which adds fins to the lower part of the regulator, among other things. So you probably have a MK25 without the "anti-freeze" goodies. To see if it truly has the MK25 features, which would be an adjustable IP, you should look in the top of the regulator where the plastic cap is, and see if there is a hex key adjustment in the center.

Hmm, it's hard to say. If I had to guess I would say anything above 40 F would be fine without the "AF" stuff. Of course it depends on how you use the regs too.

It looks like my born-again Mk25; existed as a MK20/EAN in its previous life. It had a conversion inflicted on it by myself. Also. appears to look like wife's MK25.

I much prefer swivel down, especially with the kelp diving we do here in N. Cal.

Another good reason for having the swivel down.

Back
Top Bottom