Moisture munchers - DC1000 Elite kit...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine took almost a week here in Fl. to change in the slightest...
Eh, maybe I'm being too picky. I have only had a fog problem like Sab's above once, and I think that was from hyper shooting on my first Cenote dives - too many times, too fast, and I was excited! I just like mine dark blue, change every day of diving.
My pickup was from Home Depot... I believe the pic was above, if not...
FG01_08.jpg

Price: $23.59
Wait?! :confused: You said $12 above, now $23.59? What size package is that? Looks like a pic of the 64 ounce tub, which Home Depot lists here for $9.97? Ok, you said you "opened and used 1/2 the absorber in the 'bucket'," so I guess you meant half the cost was $12? I think I follow now, but I think you got overcharged.

So you're using 32 ounces on how many MMs? I have 11 (missing 1?) and 6 pillow desiccants in 6 ounces (57 cents) for a year now I think and it's still working well.

Got a link to that offer...?

Amazon Prime member... which means free second day shipping on most anything.

My links show up differently than your links unless you are a prime member, just type in DampRid and you will see the 4 lb tub for $10.48 and I get the shipping free.

I live 35 miles from a Walmart or Walgreens so it is much cheaper for me to order it and have it come to my door than drive over to town to pick it up.

Yes, there is life 35 miles from Walmart... :)

Harder than that... I am more than 100 miles form AIRFILLS.

I second the Damprid....I have sworn off the oven...I had so many left over pink ones I am good with the Damprid forever !!!!

Another DampRid fan - took a bunch of pink ones from the ziplocked, never opened outside of an
air conditioned room, MM pouch, 5 days later all deep, beautiful blue. Only problem now is the bag
doesn't appear to be completely air tight - MMs are still blue but inside of bag is damp.

OK, DampRid Update.

I put a small amount of DampRid in an old pill container and took my MM's in it to Hawai'i earlier this month. I was worried about getting stopped by security so I only put a small amount in there, but I had no problems (they were in my checked bags... yes, I checked my DC1000 Maxx case both ways *gasp*... it was either that or my regs had to be checked, and there's no way I am using a rental reg. Not happening).

My plan was to keep them in the pill container until it was time to use them (one a day, 6 days of diving for each camera... was also shooting video) and it worked great, they stayed purple (or deep blue or whatever color that is) just fine. At the end of the dives, I put them back in with the damp rid (a couple inches worth in the bottom) and some spare unused MM's. We stayed in Hawai'i five more days after that doing hiking and astronomy (Mauna Kea is almost 14,000 feet tall, astronomy up there and diving obviously do not mix) and by the time we got back that little bit of DampRid had completely regenerated them!

...by the time we got back that little bit of DampRid had completely regenerated them!
Whoa there! The blue indicators are last to change when absorbing moisture and first to change on rejuvenating so you show good before you really are totally, I think. I put my recently used MMs in a pill bottle with a dab of Damp Rid separate from those that have been in DR for 5 or more days.

We carried our DR & MMs in our roll-on bags and that took extra time at TSA. Better in checked bags I think. :cool:

And where is Damprid available?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom