More than one wetsuit on a trip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheRedHead:
Wetsuits have too much in common with clothes for me to bring only one. :wink:

Wait a minute... You're not one of those women who looks CUTE in a wetsuit are you? I can't talk to you if you look cute in a wetsuit.

Neoprene-covered weeble wobbles of the world UNITE!

When we go to Hawaii or Cayman I just bring my 3mm full suit, we wash everything when we are done, hang it up and its typically dry by morning.

tankboygreg:
For the price of two wetsuits you could almost afford to buy a Henderson Insta Dry wetsuit. Then you would only need one wetsuit.

I have one of those too....it's my least favorite.

In regards to the booties drying...I roll up a newspaper and shove them down as far as it will go in each boot. The paper will "wick" out the water and after about 15 minutes I pull them out. It helps with the smell, but certainly they are much dryer by the next morning. I do this with my gloves, also.

The hangers seem to be okay to clear the excess water out initially, but they don't absorb any and the hangers I am familiar with hold the booties upside down so evaporation is hampered.

At home, I rinse and hang everthing in the garge a put on a fan if I know I am going diving the next day. It drys everything rather quickly.

Jon

cascbagrl:
When we go to Hawaii or Cayman I just bring my 3mm full suit, we wash everything when we are done, hang it up and its typically dry by morning.

Yeah dry by that night if not by morning.

I take a tri-weight tropical dive skin and a 3 mm if I need to go deep. I usually dive with full fins in the tropics so I only use the boots for getting to and from the boat. If I feel the need I can put the 3mm over the tri weight and really feel toasty. Plus, a tri weight packs much easier than a second full or partial wet suit.

Mike

Jon C:
The hanges seem to be okay to clear the excess water out initially, but they don't absorb any and the hangers I am familiar with hold the booties upside down so evaporation is hampered.

Some time ago I went to the trouble of making a boot/glove hanger out of PVC pipe. I drilled the pi;e out like swiss cheese and designed it so that it would connect to a hair dryer. Warm and dry boots and glove in 15 minutes. Works great but more latly I just don't care. So what if the wetsuit and boots is wet when I put it on? it will soon get even wetter. I dive enough that my stuff really never gets 100% dry. But I have been putting a small amount of Simple Green in the rince tank. Solves thwe smell problem by killing meldew and bactriea

ChrisA,

I like your perforated PVC idea! I may try that out...

I always thought a person could rule the world if they had enough PVC!

Jon

I take a couple of skins along to make it easier to put a damp wetsuit on (put the skin on first). They dry quickly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom