Morrison Spring dive report 10/16/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seayoda those pics are phenomenal.
We got to Morrison about 8:30 Saturday, we were the second group (in the white cougar if you remember?) and the springs were so peaceful until the two classes showed up. We made our first dive while the classes got ready and it was beautiful and clear. It was my first spring dive. The second dive was a little crowded with one class on the log and the other getting ready to get in. We didn’t get to see any of the eel’s unfortunately. I recommend it though, when the Gulf vis is as bad as it’s been!

NUTTZ:
The pic were great SeaYoda and it was nice to meet you.
It was nice to meet you too. That is you in the picture in my gallery isn't it? Who was the person taking the pic back at me?

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words.

Sapphire, let me know if you ever get back this way - I'd love to dive Morrison with you when you get here.

Darcy, can you join us for a dive at the Destin jetties on the 23rd?

SuPrBuGmAn, Sorry you could not make it - you missed a great day.

Yes that was me in the photo. The other guy is Clay he was a open water student I had with me, I finished his certification dives at Vortex Friday and we were just diving Morrison on Sat. That is the first time I had been there in about eight years and I can not wait to come back. I sure wish I could make it to the jetties on the 23rd, but I won't be back in the Destin area until the 28-31. Hope you guys have a good time.

By the way what kind of camera are you using those pics are really good.

We'll have to coordinate schedules for a Jetty dive some time. I hope I didn't stir up too much muck while I was taking those tree pictures :D . I sunk my shoulder in the goo every time I tried to take a shot upside-down. After I got the shots I would turn around and see a cavediver's nightmare that I left behind.

I use an olympus c5050 without an external strobe. I just got started taking pictures in March so between buying the camera and then the editing software my wallet is still smoking.

Does Clay post on SB? I could put his name on the pic too. What kind of camera was he using?

SeaYoda:
It was nice to meet you too. That is you in the picture in my gallery isn't it? Who was the person taking the pic back at me?

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words.

Sapphire, let me know if you ever get back this way - I'd love to dive Morrison with you when you get here.

Darcy, can you join us for a dive at the Destin jetties on the 23rd?

SuPrBuGmAn, Sorry you could not make it - you missed a great day.
I hope to be able to dive with you at Destin Jetties. We’ll see if I can finagle a day off of work before it gets too cold!

Your pictures are very good. I know the smoking feeling from buying gear, but darn it is really a great way to relax.

I am really getting siked up for Saturday. I almost had my sister and brother-in-law talked into coming to dive also, but my sister works late Friday and that would have them getting into Destin after midnight and she did not think she could get up to dive by 7. Oh, well they will be driving down Saturday morning and we will go shopping in the afternoon. They live in Dawson, GA so it is not quite as far for them as I have.

How is the water looking? Any improvements there?

seaangel:
... How is the water looking? Any improvements there?
Do the pictures make you any more willing to dive in the cold water??????? :D

I was thinking that I might take a ride by and give a good sniff to see what it smells like :D . I don't have a day off until Saturday so I may try to go in early one of these days and do a drive-by before work. If I do I'll post something here.

Hmm, don't know if the pictures are an inducement for colder water or not. Just that I really like to dive and the thought of that pooo water makes options very limited. I have gone into the Savannah river and the lake here in colder water out of sheer desperation for a dive.

I guess I find saltwater dives more interesting, but I can enjoy even a cold mudpuddle when I really want to dive.

Having been to some really premire tropical dive sites has me 100% spoiled rotten. But, I am not able to sit out and wait for those dive opportunities to come around. Too long of a SI for me.

I dove Morrison yesterday, and it was interesting to say the least. FSU had 110 students there carving pumpkins and getting certified. Crowded is not a strong enough word. If we didn't have a few OW checkoffs for a few new members I never would have tried it. But when you get right down to it, it's hard to pass up a chance to get wet. i will definitely be going back. There was some controversy over Morrison earlier in the year. Apparently the state wanted to take it over and make a water source out of it, which would make it off limits to divers, but apparently that deal has fallen through, and now there are plans to turn it into a dive/swim park. It would be nice to have the shop open again, and some warm water to wash the gravel out of your hair.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom