Morrison Springs 7-21PM & 7-22AM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Morrison is leveled.

08:00, I just got back from there.

A couple of days ago it was normal.

I went down and launched at about 05: something.

Levels up a little, lots of debris, murky no vis or fish.

Bull Dozers and escavators.

The showers and restrooms look like they were never there, only dirt.

The pavillion is gone,..only dirt, except for the retaining wall.

When I cme out at 07: something, they were loading up the bulldozer

That's ok, with the flow it's producing, there's still guaranteed to be a good divable bowl by this Sunday :)

I read the same on TDS about everything being leveled, started yesterday, or the day before. We all knew this was coming.

Waterlevels are dropping quickly, the entire basin will likely be clear by this weekend.

Its summertime anyway, inundation into the basin during the summer, will just layer ontop. You can dive under the tannis to find clear water on the bottom. I've got dives at Morrison when river levels shown 9.5' and better with excellent visibility once you get under a 10-15' layer of tannic water. Makes for a great view looking from below as your bubbles push through the tannis with clear spring water. It looks like an eerie underwater thunderstorm. It also scares away all the people that look at the water from uptop and assume its nasty the whole way down - I'm ok with less traffic.

Hey Ya'll

I will be in Destin tommorrow, and if I can get my dive gear back from the dive shop today, I can be there Saturday. Only one other problem, I don't remember how to get to Morrison.

Can someone help?

I will have my cell ph. with and my laptop so you can e-mail or PM me if needed.

Cindy

Can't make this one. Must work. Have fun.

If it is open this weekend.

The county started a park project near Vortex, 181/81 intersection two years ago,, probably has another to go.

At the very least I expect the area to be barracaded off, probably the road closed while construction goes on. Expected to be a long project.

This will be good for some of us,.. making it only divable for people with boats.

I put in at the ramp a couple miles downstream last week. water was down and hit a few logs.

qater levels wer up this A.M.

On the way to Panama City, St andrews Bay.

ScubaKris:
This will be good for some of us,.. making it only divable for people with boats.

I put in a order for a used 15HP motor for a rubber boat today, woohoo!

Sweet.

[hijack] Hey ShagMan I will be in Mobile next weekend, Maybe we can get in a dive. Sat the 18th? We could carpool to some salt water. [/hijack]

The 28th you mean Clay? I can dive that day, not a problem... the only problem I got is that I don't usually pick where I dive, so I might not be the best "group leader"... I usually wait and just show up wherever SBM or CMUHockey/etc. post they're going.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom