Morrison Springs 7-21PM & 7-22AM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me and a buddy will be coming on Sat. We should arrive about 1pm. The last time I dove with yoda he showed me the jetties at Destin, guess he will have to keep up tradition since this will be my first time at morrisons...:D

Welcome to ScubaBoard ScubaSteve

Everything is still a go, I just got confirmation that Morrison is still open to the public and to diving. Waterlevels are dropping!

See you guys tomorrow afternoon!

Thanks for the Welcome Matt, looking forward to meeting you tommorrow... Yoda spoke highly of you

Okay, Okay, you talked me into it. I plan to try to get there a bit early, since I have no idea where I am going. (At least I am CERTAIN which site we will be at this time). I'm looking forward to meeting some new faces and diving with some old ones. My goal is to only go through two tanks for every one Mat does!

Capt Grumby:
... (At least I am CERTAIN which site we will be at this time)...
No goliath to chase on this dive -- I'll have to see how the camera works in the dark. I've got to rig up something for my dive/spotting light since I scavenged parts from its mount to put the two strobes on. There's a;ways something new to try on these dives!

(ScubaSteve):
Thanks for the Welcome Matt, looking forward to meeting you tommorrow... Yoda spoke highly of you
SBM is OK to dive with if you bring enough tanks.:D

You'll like Morrison since you enjoyed the jetties. Remember to bring your warm clothes for the 68 degree water!

ScubaKris:
It's 21:15 and pissing down rain like have not seen it in a long time

I have Hail and a leaky back door (it happens when the water level rises above the bottom jamb!). I have also watched my pool rise a full 6 inches to overflowing! Springs-Virgins want to know ... What does this do to tomorrows dive at Morrisons?:confused:

If anything, some run-off dirt on the top layer of water. Lower basin and caverns should be clear. Local rain storms can make the water cloudy but lots of rain in the entire watershed flood the river and back it up into the spring (this may take a day or so to reach the spring). Like the Gulf, we will need to go there and see conditions. I don't plan to abort until I see the place flooded tomorrow. I want to get some topside shots of the deconstruction and Sally is calling me for a meal so all will not be lost if the water is too cloudy.

SeaYoda:
If anything, some run-off dirt on the top layer of water. Lower basin and caverns should be clear. Local rain storms can make the water cloudy but lots of rain in the entire watershed flood the river and back it up into the spring (this may take a day or so to reach the spring). Like the Gulf, we will need to go there and see conditions. I don't plan to abort until I see the place flooded tomorrow. I want to get some topside shots of the deconstruction and Sally is calling me for a meal so all will not be lost if the water is too cloudy.

:director: SO SAYETH THE MIGHTY YODA ...

:director: SO SAYETH THE FLOCK!!! :wave-smil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom