Morrison Springs movie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool video. I hope to get over there on Sunday.

Is there much to see for an OW diver?

dnos:
Cool video. I hope to get over there on Sunday.

Is there much to see for an OW diver?

Yep, fish, turtles, and a bit of limestone :D If you are comfortable UW, you can venture into the caverns, they are pretty forgiving to a misplaced kick and you can't really silt them out. I think just about all of us going this weekend are only OW.

We're diving Merrits Mill Pond Saturday and maybe Morrison Saturday evening/night and then Morrison or Cypress on Sunday.

Welcome to ScubaBoard, nice to see another South Alabamian on the board.

SuPrBuGmAn,
Viz was the best I've seen this year - you could see the far end of the log from the platform (it was a little hazy). Flow was pretty hard out of the cavern but no problem as usual. My computer read 64 degrees - must be a lot of flow?

dnos,
Experienced OW divers could handle the cavern - no encouragement from me about going in there before anyone is ready. The entire spring area is great from the shallows down into the basin.

jviehe,
I'm working on the long/full rez version of the movie - I can get you a copy when it's done. Do you want a full rez version of Cypress? PM me and we'll talk about how best to get the files to you. One day I'll make a movie of Vortex and the Jetties and your website will be complete with my adventures :laughing: .

av8er23,
I got your PM and I'll try to shoot you a copy as soon as I'm done with it. I don't know how big it will be, but it's in mb not kb.

SuPrBuGmAn:
We're diving Merrits Mill Pond Saturday and maybe Morrison Saturday evening/night and then Morrison or Cypress on Sunday.

Welcome to ScubaBoard, nice to see another South Alabamian on the board.

Thanks for the welcome. Sounds like you have a great weekend planned. I have a trip booked with Down Under on Saturday. I'll probably drag a kayak over to Morrison on Sunday to paddle around during the surface interval. At some point I'll have to join you guys on a Cypress trip.

If you see a big guy with a silver Tundra, yellow kayak, and Mobile plates at Morrison, say hey. My name is Dana.

If you already have a Kayak, you're already more prepared than most for Cypress. You should come along Sunday, we'll probably be meeting up kinda early though.

Going inshore or offshore with Down Under? Shoot me a visibility report when you get back if you don't mind :D I haven't been in the salt since Katrina and I'm kinda itching to go back... also gotta check out conditions at the Whiskey Wreck - maybe Katrina did it some good...

SuPrBuGmAn:
You should come along Sunday, we'll probably be meeting up kinda early though.

Neither of us has been in Morrison, so we will probably just stick with that for Sunday.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Going inshore or offshore with Down Under?

Offshore. I'll post a report when I return.

Lovely video! I'm gonna bookmark this for those winter doldrums. Alas, the Oklahoma lakes have lots to see -- if you want to get within five feet of it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom