Moving to Oahu in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My advice is buy the TV at Costco because anything happens, you can return it. Other electronics stores here will require you send to the mainland, which you do NOT ever want to do.

Then save the reciept and box and return it when your done! I don't agree with it but hey, its there policy, not mine.
Aloha and welcome to the islands....

WC, That's funny! I just heard a story about their policy the other day about one of my friends co-workers buying a computer from them and returning every year, no questions asked. I don't agree with it either but, you're right, it's their policy.

So are you in Oahu now?

Chris

he is still in Alaska.

seriously, Costco TOLD me to bring my Little League Cooler back when I hit it with my car. The manager saw me buying another one and said "why are you buying ANOTHER one?" and I said "oh, I ran over it last night." he told me to bring it back...I did...I felt terrible, but I did it.

I'll be leaving for the airport in a couple of hours and I hope I haven't forgotten anything! Can you believe, I still don't have a room to rent or a hotel? Gambarimasu!

See you all soon. When is the next SB get together?

Chris

I made it! Now I'm staying at a 'youth' hostel and now I know why they say 'youth'. They all stay out late and party all night and come back at crazy times in the night. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep and I'm totally exhausted.

I have to go out and look for my other room for two months and a car. Wish me good luck.

I can't see myself diving yet until I get a room and car. Hopefully soon.

Chris

hey Chris...

let me know if I can help.

Check the "lemon lot" at the the air force base...I hear they have nice newer vehicles for sale at good prices by military people leaving Hawaii.

Good luck with the accomodations.

Welcome to Oahu!

Next get together is on July 17th, the night dive. Then on Sept 4th - E-Beach. Joining us on Monday?

Oohh, it sounds tempting. Where, what time? I've got plans in the afternoon but I don't know what time it will finish.

Just a quick update, I got a job, I bought a mini-van, I'm staying at the Marco Polo now, not the terrible youth hostel. I will start my new job on the 19th.

I'm still looking for a home for September. It is so difficult for others to understand my feelings. My house in Japan is in a very quiet, and safe neighborhood. I am looking for something similar but nothing in the 'busy' area is quiet and safety is a bit suspect.

My new job is near Ala Moana Shopping Center so I don't want to live too far away. Although, I will go out to Mililani after this message, just to "look around".

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be happy to hear them.

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom