Moving to Oahu in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whooo HOOOOOOO!!!!! I finally found a place! It wasn't my first choice but the pickings were thin. One gentleman said he would take a chance on me and let me move into his two bedroom condo in Waikiki for only $1800 a month.

Have you ever watched a balloon full of air lose all the air at one time? That is how my head felt. All the stress of finding a place for my family to live and be safe and comfortable. Now that the stress is gone, I can work more and even look for a diving job part time!

Any hoo, I was so excited I wanted to share with my SB'er friends! Thanks for listening....

Chris

That's great news Chris, so happy for you. When Is your family coming?

(another night dive on the 25th, interested?)

The familia is coming on September 18th, (I miss them so much!). The 25th? Day or night? Ooh, I just checked my schedule, that's a Friday. No way. Gotta work all day. I'm still planning on September 4th!

I'm signing my lease today and then I'll know when I can dive. I'll let you know the times I'm free.

Chris

Congrats on finding a place. The rental market on Oahu has been really tight for a while - finding an affordable place that fits your needs is hard enough without having 20 people competing for the same thing.

Tell me about it. My preferred choice was just that. I found a fantastic condo in an incredible place, for me and my family, but there were so many people applying for it, the agent couldn't make an immediate choice, so I took what I could. It's almost affordable at $1800 a month. (So now I can look for a p/t job! j/k)

I'm very happy with it and I'm sure my family will enjoy it. In fact, it is just two blocks away from the hotel we stayed at last year!

Okay, so who lives in Waikiki? Who are my neighbors? I won't tell you which building I live in (it's a secret) but from my floor, I can watch Iolani High School football games very easily!

Chris

Universal Diver:
Okay, so who lives in Waikiki? Who are my neighbors? I won't tell you which building I live in (it's a secret) but from my floor, I can watch Iolani High School football games very easily!

Chris

I live in Waikiki (at least for another two months or so). Glad to hear you found a place.

Thanks everyone! I can't wait to move in. I'll be moving in on the 28th off the 29th. Now if I can find some good bunkbeds for my boys. I need something to sleep on until my wife comes and chooses our bed.

Chris

On Kapiolani Ave there is a swedish furniture place that has Childrens furniture that will grow with them....can't think of the name but it shouldn't be too far from your new place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom