moving up...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Colin, if it helps and saves you any $ I have a 16ft utility trailer you are welcome to use if you have something to pull it with. I has elect brakes if your tow rig is wired for such to help you stop it when its loaded. Drop me a note if you need to use it.

First of all, I just wanted to thank you all for your willingness to help!! When Colin had told me about the offers people were making to help, I really got choked up. Yeah, yeah... Hormonal pregnant chick cries. News at Eleven! But in all seriousness, that really means a lot to us and just goes to show how true Scuba Jenny's tag line is: There are divers, and then there are ScubaBoard divers! You guys are the best!! :cheers:

Secondly, the reason I titled my post, "My husband is on drugs!" is because of the fact that we're moving to Deltona NOT Deland. And, of course, there's the fact that he is on drugs. <shaking my head>

Thanks again you guys!

Love, Kris

Well. I'd love to help out but I'm way up here in God's good country. But if you need a decent carpenter, just say the word...

I work for board, nitrox, and good beer.

Well you can get board and nitrox down here...2 outa 3 aint bad!

Thanks for correcting my blatent error Kris! Geographically its not far, but town wise it makes a difference. See.. this is why I married her, she helps me keep track of the details :)

To answer questions:

Sue- Housewarming party - Well.. we could do something around X-mas, House warming holiday party. After that it'll have to be in February or March as our #2 is due Jan 16th. :)

lowedeph - Yeah, the 'canes went through there, the tree's show it. We're 12m from where the eye of Charley made landfall. What we've noticed is that people up there seem to have weathered the storm better both homes wise and business wise.

Joe - We're looking at the first week of December. I'll know more today as I'm going over the financial with the mortgage company. This may sound funny but I've also been pondering a little decorating party with the move in as it will be close to December and with people being around.. duno, just thinking with a pain killer mind. :)

Sylvester - you da man! My wife dropped you a PM as I'm still somewhat drugged and thinking in a cloud.

OD - Since this is not a NEW house, there is definitely some stuff to be done, some of it is minor carpentry work. I would HAPPILY pay for nitrox and provide a room for you and a companion that might travel with you in exchange for assistance in that area. I'll even loan a vehicle so you can get to dive sites if I can't go! I'll even show off culinary skills.

1st weekend in December works for me if you still want a hand lugging heavy stuff. 2nd w/e is the manatee dive - sorry busy then, 3rd w/e is my b'day and the S FL get together, 4th w/e is xmas. With enough notice i might be able to swing a day off if you want to move on a weekday.

Just let us know what you need, when and how we can help you out.

Party sounds good too :wink:

1st week end of December is the game plan so far. I've started packing here so the process is underway. I may have this end covered with the packing if I have ya'll up there to help with the unpacking. I'll know more in a few days regarding that. :)

Congrats on the house. Looks very nice. And Good Luck on the move. I hope it goes smoothly (we all know how moving can be :wink: )

Thanks Tom!!

Wellllllllllll.... went to see the doc today and learned more about my surgery today. The steristrips are gone, the ends of the stich are gone.. the immobilizer on my arm is on till the end of the month.

What does that mean for the long run? I'm kinda done diving till Spring... and most anything else except driving and typing.

Sooooooo... for moving, I've already started setting aside some $ for beer, burgers, etc., that help keep good friends and volunteer hands happy and fed!

If you need help with Notary work let me know. I'm just south of you in Seminole County. Heal, heal, heal!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom