moving up...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla:
Sooooooo... for moving, I've already started setting aside some $ for beer, burgers, etc., that help keep good friends and volunteer hands happy and fed!
Now that's what i am talking about!! Sounds a whole lot cheaper than professional moving fees - however i wouldnt call us professional in any sense of the word!! :wink: Glad to be able to help when and where i can.

BTW, would you really be able to drive a truck with your arm/shoulder banged up still? Chuck and i were thinking we could handle that if you can handle driving a regular car - or of course we have another driver come with us from the Orlando area to drive back the car whilst we get the trucks moving, as i know you have at least two cars - a jeep and a minivan, any others??? Just a question of logistics i guess (what was that riddle, ferrying a chicken, a fox, some grain across a river on a boat???) :wink:

Holly and I just bought a 2001 Honda CRV today. If you need help moving, unpacking, or just want somebody to keep the kid occupied, we'll bring ours up and drop him off... JK.
We'd love to come down and help with whatever we can, even if it's just bringing food and good company, or beer. :)
Question on the house pictures,... are those chalk outlines hard to get out of carpet? Maybe that room shouldn't be the kid's room. Just a thought. Great price for the crack hou... I MEANT, great price on the HOUSE!!! :eyebrow:
Luv ya man, call if ya need us, it'd be great to see you again.
Good luck with the business stuff, too!

Actually, we have a Jeep Cherokee and a Jeep Wrangler... The minivan was a loaner while Colin's Jeep was in the shop. He can drive a vehicle as long as it's an automatic. He may be able to drive a stick by the time we go to move, but if he can't I'll drive his Jeep, and he can drive mine. (I'll just need a ladder to get in the darned thing :wink:)

As far as I know, we'll be borrowing Sylvester's 16' utility trailer and towing that behind my Cherokee. I'm hoping to avoid renting a U-Haul (more money for beer!), but we'll see what happens.

KBulla:
As far as I know, we'll be borrowing Sylvester's 16' utility trailer and towing that behind my Cherokee. I'm hoping to avoid renting a U-Haul (more money for beer!), but we'll see what happens.
Well you guys know how much cra... cardboard boxed stuff you have and how much room it will take up, but if you need a truck - fun as that is, we are on call :wink: If you have loading down your way lined up and are able to drive up, then its quite easy from this end to help unload and party, but always free if you need a hand actually driving the pile of stuff from one place to the other. :wink:

simbrooks:
but always free if you need a hand actually driving the pile of stuff from one place to the other. :wink:

Once we have more stuff boxed up, we'll probably have a better idea of what we need. It may be a good idea doing the trailer and getting a U-Haul just to be able to get it done in one day instead of driving back and forth a couple of times. If we do that, we'll most likely need an extra driver. We should know more in the next week. Moving is such fun!

KBulla:
Moving is such fun!
In my measly 27 years of kicking around this planet i have moved no less than 15 times, and also moved another few people as well whilst i was going along, it gets so tiresome living in one place for too long :wink:

Ok, just to ressurect this thread - what help do you still want/need Colin? Its just over a week away from M-day, do you need anyone to come and help drive trucks, load or unload at either end? Still have the weekend circled as non-diving for saturday, although i am thinking something local on sunday (blue spring or alexander maybe?).

Funny you should ask - as of right now the seller has yet to be located to sign papers! I wish I knew more, but when I found this out yesterday it put a bit of a rock into my stomach.

No fun, well keep us in the know about what is going on. There are some prime spots under I-4 that your cardboard boxes for moving would look right at home at, just in case the house isnt through by the time you were planning to move :wink:

LOL Sounds good... truth be told, if the deal drops through the cracks, its way to close to baby2 being born to even consider looking further until at least a month after birth. I will definitely keep ya in the loop on this stuff :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom