Mt. Storm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i heard it was 73deg. F 76 near the bottom

I don't know the temp, but I would love to go. Are you going with a buddy or three?
DP

Hey there,

I live in West Virginia about 3 hours from Mt. Storm. My mom actually lives a lot closer. I don't know about the water temp, but we have had some pretty cold air temp. It was -2 at my house yesterday morning and 12 degrees at my mom's house. She also got a good little bit of snow so I don't know how well Rt. 50 faired. I am sure they have cleared it up by now, I just know the air temp is going to be wicked.

If you think about going again after the warm up starts though I would be very interested.

Have a great time if you go over the holidays though.

I would be interested in going if it is going to become a social event. I'm about 3 1/2 hrs.

Where and what is Mt. Storm? I live in Maryland and am unaware of it.
Thanks

I am planning to go to Mt. Storm between Christmas and New Years since I am off work all week. Depending on my dive buddy, we want to go there on a weekday but we have not decided yet. We will go if the water temperature is 70 F or higher.
We never dived in Mt. Storm, but from the information I have gathered, there are few drawbacks,
1-It is an altitude dive, which requires special rules, and you need to be familiar with those rules.
2-There is no filling station; you need to bring extra tanks with you depending on how many dives you want to do
3-There is no place to warm up after the dive.
If we decide to go, I will post the date and time and we will welcome anyone who would like to come along.

cool

washow88: did you ever make it to Mt. Storm? My cousin, wife and I are itching for some diving. We all have been talking about diving this for quite some time but since we live in Cleveland and my cousin lives in St. Louis, it isn't entirely convenient but it sounds like the best way to dive without flying in the Mid-West right now. If you made it, how was that conditions and temp? Where did you stay? Thanks for any info. I have the link to deepwater.org but it seems to be outdated.

Back
Top Bottom