Mustache + Mask = Leak?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use vasoline which works really well. I carry a small "toothpaste" type tube in my diddy bag. I had not thought about the petroleum on silicon thing previously mentioned but I started doing this in 1999 and have seen no adverse affects on my mask yet.

Well let me tell ya, I have been diving since 89 and shaved my upper lip for 2 months in 85 for boot camp and then once for my wife this month..... the thing I did and do is I have a purge mask and just deal with a little water and call it a day :D I really do not worry that much about it, and if it does leak a little I just use it to clean my mask if it has fogged over.

I have heard the wax works great though. Rich :mean:

Walter once bubbled...
Clear it and keep diving, no big deal.
Ditto.
Rick

Walter once bubbled...
Clear it and keep diving, no big deal.

I'm sure Capt Blood knows how to clear his mask, what he is asking is how to get a good seal so he doesn't have to keep clearing his mask all the time. So he can enjoy a leak free dive without the "toughguy" approach.

:makeday:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom