My cat gave birth...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bretagne:
Get the mother neutered.
No kidding!

Thanks for the suggestions again guys. I'm gonna hold off giving them names until they get larger. I'll let you know what I decide!

ok, am now able to upload pics!

Here's Cleo when she was a kitten:
cleo_kitten.JPG

Here's her right after birth:
Cleo_birth.JPG

And here are the 4 kittens:
kittens.JPG

I miss counted the first time. There are 4.

Looks like a calico in there. They are usually sterile, so you won't have to worry about that one reproducing. Oh yeah, definitely neuter. Too many unwanted cats and kittens in the world. The brown and white ones look like one of mine that died of feline leukemia. Cute babies and mom.

OMG how adorable. Send me all of the them. Hubby would kill me and our cat would probably pee on everything I own then try to run away (even though she doesn't go outside). Congrats on your cuties.

Melissa

Never heard of Calico's being sterile. There are many show cats (non nutered) that are calico's. Now they are almost allways female.

All of my cats get people names, the one's I have now are Jake and Vinny...but I've also had a Jack, Millie, Maude, Henry and Harvey. I think it gives them more personality to have a real name!

jstuart1:
Never heard of Calico's being sterile. There are many show cats (non nutered) that are calico's. Now they are almost allways female.
I misspoke. Male calicos are sterile.

This is from the website http://absolutelycats.tripod.com/22Calico.html

And are all calico cats females? Well, the majority of them are. For very complicated genetic reasons, it takes two X chromosomes for a cat to be a tortoiseshell or calico cat. A male would have to possess two X and one Y chromosomes to be a calico cat. This can happen, but very rarely. According to a study at the College of Veterinary Medicine in Missouri, one out of 3,000 calico colored cats is male. This oddity occurs in humans, too. The males, in both cases, are usually sterile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom