My DC died at 108 ft. Now what do I replace it with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you. I can always go back to just "plain old DSAT", but here was my logic ... I don't dive often, but when I do, it is typically on a LOB where I am doing multiple dives per day for multiple days in a row. From everything that I have read, that lends itself toward DSAT rather than PX+. Would the order that you list still hold true after 4 or 5 days of 4 dives a day? A quick peak at the back of the manual shows it to be true for a single dive, but what about the type of diving on a LOB (20+ dives in a single week)?

I am not as young as I once was, so diving DSAT may carry some additional risks, but I thought that the PZ+ algorithm was not ideal by the 3rd or 4th day if doing repetitive dives.

You're right, a personal choice. I do not think DSAT changes over multiple dives, remains liberal. I don't know if the rank order changes over time and there is little data aside from the one day simulation in ScubaLab testing. When using DSAT, you always have the choice of not pushing NDLs

Do you do the night dive on the LOB? lots of people bring up the multiple day vacation week scenario but then forget that many vacation divers get a very long SI every day. My PADI nitrox tables put me back into group A after 6 hours. The first computer I owned cleared me after 12 hours.

it would be instructive to note your computers allowed NDLs before the first dive of each day as the week progresses. I generally have at least an 11 hour SI after the night dive. my current computer does not reduce my NDLs by any noticeable amount as the week progresses. Maybe it should?
Yes, I often do sit out the night dive, so most days, I begin the day with a 14+ hour surface interval. As you noted, this is also mitigated by the fact that when on a LOB, I will always dive NITROX if it is available. I was thinking that it would be interesting to note what the NDL would be for the 3rd dive on day 5.

Besides, for the first day of the trip, I am often limited more by tank capacity than I am by NDL, but that is typically not a factor by the second day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom