My first dive in the Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well this past weekend I got my first real dives in my new Whites Fusion. All I can say is WOW. I really liked it. It was extremely easy to manage the air in the suit. I stayed very warm with the Whites Mk2 and two layers of PolyPro undies under that. I thought about trying it with just one set under the Mk2 to see if I got much colder, but I decided to stick with what I knew was going to keep me warm. The water temp was in the low 40's by the way. My feet did get cold on me. I kind of wish that they had neoprene socks to help keep the feet a little warmer. The cold feet was not anything extreme, just annoying. The lycra skin a actually tougher than I thought. During a surface interval I was walking around this little island that we were on and walking through tree branches not even thinking about the outerskin. After I realized I should probably be careful I check the suit out and no snags anywhere. I am really thinking about getting the Tech Skin with the pockets, but for now the Lycra is plenty tough.

Great suit, I would recommend it to anyone...

Phil

I agree with you -- the more I dive the suit, the more I like it.

I found putting the neoprene socks on over a pair of wooly polarfleece socks was enough to keep my feet warm. Also, for anybody who's having issues with the rock boots White's sells, I went to a set of pull-on wetsuit booties, which work beautifully and did not require me to go to a larger foot pocket on my fins.

It will spoil you. I had to dive my old drysuit since my replacement Fusion hasn't arrived. I absolutely hate diving the old style now.

I really do not think that I was using nearly as much air in my suit either. Since it is already do tight the "squeeze" did not really bother me at all. I did not feel like I had to use air to offset the squeeze as much. Maybe it is just a mental thing :dork2:.

I am glad that I decided to give the fusion a shot, even though it is so new.

Phil

gah! I suppose i have to try one at some point now...

Definately give one a shot.... One of my best friends was diving with me and he wants to give one a shot. He has trouble with air getting to his feet and thinks that the Fusion would help out a lot. It really is a nice suit...

Phil

limeyx, next time you're in Seattle, you can borrow Peter's. I'm pushing the good stuff here :)

gah! I suppose i have to try one at some point now...

With any luck, I'll have mine (with tech skin and pockets) by the 29th for the Lobos day. You still planning to come up for that? If so, you can check it out then. If you fit a size large you're welcome to try it out (I'll bring my old DS along too).

With any luck, I'll have mine (with tech skin and pockets) by the 29th for the Lobos day. You still planning to come up for that? If so, you can check it out then. If you fit a size large you're welcome to try it out (I'll bring my old DS along too).

Oh, dont you worry...It will be there in time:14: The shipping to ensure it would make it in time was higher than expected, so I decided to pick up the difference so my original quote will stand and we will pick up the overage :wink:

YOur probably not going to want anyone divng your suit after you have dove it...unless your on a surface interval...its that comfy!!:)

Back
Top Bottom