My first dive in the Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I had to pack myself into my old suit last week and it was PAINFUL.

I can't get the last inch of the zipper done by myself. It's one of the only disappointments I have with the suit. I was hoping, since it was kind of similar to my Mobby's, that it would be truly self-donning, but for me it's not.

I can attest to that. I hate my old suit now!

I honestly dont have any complaints about my current suit. I can reach all valves, I keep warm in it, have good mobility, but sometimes you just dont know what you are missing out on, and what feels "good" to me right now may feel merely mediocre if I try something better.

I do admit I am somewhat skeptical though (but this is a natural trait in me)

Yeah, I had to pack myself into my old suit last week and it was PAINFUL.

I can't get the last inch of the zipper done by myself. It's one of the only disappointments I have with the suit. I was hoping, since it was kind of similar to my Mobby's, that it would be truly self-donning, but for me it's not.

I have the same problem with my zipper. Now I have only dove the suit 5 times now and I was able to get the zipper myself once. Maybe after some time I will be able to do it.

Phil

Yeah, I got mine closed all the way once and thought, "Yay! The zipper's breaking in!" But I've never been able to replicate it.

Nick, the first time you reach back for your valves and there's no resistance AT ALL to getting them, you're going to giggle insanely like I did.

Yeah, I got mine closed all the way once and thought, "Yay! The zipper's breaking in!" But I've never been able to replicate it.

Nick, the first time you reach back for your valves and there's no resistance AT ALL to getting them, you're going to giggle insanely like I did.

Well, we may see (tomorrow) on land.
I am more concerned about how the suit holds up to my various abuses honestly. My current one is 2.5 years old but looks 10.

Well, we may see (tomorrow) on land.
I am more concerned about how the suit holds up to my various abuses honestly. My current one is 2.5 years old but looks 10.

As I see it, this is one of the nice features of the Fusion. If I totally trash it (punctures not withstanding) I spend a few hundred dollars for a new skin and the suit's brand new again. It's almost like a sacrificial outer protective layer (I'm thinking of the tech skin more so than the lycra skin).

Yes, the real question is the durability of the bag itself. The skin is easily replaced. And for the bag, I guess we'll just have to see what turns up over the next couple of years for those of us who have bought them. White's guarantees the material for three years, and I made a personal decision that getitng three years of this kind of mobility and comfort was worth the price of the suit.

Can someone tell me the buoyancy of the Fusion? I'm planning on getting a DSS plate and wing, and trying to figure out the right wing size. Tobin has been really helpful in explaining how to calculate lift needs to this newb, but I have no idea the buoyancy properties of the suit and the various underwear choices. Since the suit is a future purchase, but the wing needs to be now, I'm trying to find if I will be able to buy one wing that will work for my 5mm full suit (which I've yet to purchase, but wore one before and know my weight with a standard BC), and my eventual Fusion, or to find out if I will need a cold water and a warm water wing. I don't want to buy too much wing, on Tobin's advice...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom