My first time with the A95

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kriterian

Reaction score
I attended a local event in Virginia at Lake Rawlings with alot of fellow scubaboarder's today, and used my Canon A95 for the first time.

I posted a few of the pics in my gallery here on scubaboard. I used the following settings:

Canon A95 with the Canon housing
- Special scene mode (underwater)
- built-in flash only (diffuser left on)

The pics came out a little green, which made sense because the water was fairly green in some places because of the algae. Some of them came out crystal clear and it barely looks like I'm in the water, hehe. My buddy helped alot by pointing out the bigger bass that I would have missed otherwise. I also turned off my display by accident halfway through, so I couldn't see what I was doing until I figured out how to turn it back on.

I'm definitely hooked now, I had so much fun and it made the little quarry very exciting. The housing worked beautifully, and I didn't really do anything but take it out of the box. Thanks to everyone for recommending the A95 and the housing.

Chris,

I got my A95 yesterday, the housing is on order so I haven't had a chance to get a good look at one.

Does the housing have a "shade" on the back to help viewing the LCD screen? If so, does it work well?

And how does the diffuser fit on and off?

Thanks
Brian

Brian1968:
Chris,

I got my A95 yesterday, the housing is on order so I haven't had a chance to get a good look at one.

Great! You won't regret it, I was amazed by the toughness of the housing because I was expecting something flimsy I guess.

Brian1968:
Does the housing have a "shade" on the back to help viewing the LCD screen? If so, does it work well?

Yes, it has a rubber shade that fits over the LCD screen area. It's removable and has a little piece of string on it to keep it connected to the housing when you don't want to use it.

Brian1968:
And how does the diffuser fit on and off?

There is a slot on top where the flash is located, and the diffuser is a frosted piece of plastic that slides in and out of the slot. It's also attached by the same type of string so you don't lose it when you're not using it.

alcina:
Please post a link to your images - some skins do not support the View Gallery function and the link makes it so much easier for those without it! Thanks!

Ok, sorry! This is my first time using the gallery too. :blush:

Here ya go: Kriterian's gallery

alcina:
Thanks!

That's a great shot of the little girl underwater - I'd take the time to play some in PS, I think it could be a wonderful shot for the wall!

Thanks, I liked that one too. Most of the time all the diver shots look the same because of all the equipment on every one. Having just a little girl at the surface seemed to make it more "natural".

Kriterian:
Thanks, I liked that one too. Most of the time all the diver shots look the same because of all the equipment on every one. Having just a little girl at the surface seemed to make it more "natural".

Kriterian try the movie setting is works great! you might need a larger cf card, i got a couple 1 gig cards and can take many 4 or 5 min. movies plus loads of pictures. have fun! mike

mako1:
Kriterian try the movie setting is works great! you might need a larger cf card, i got a couple 1 gig cards and can take many 4 or 5 min. movies plus loads of pictures. have fun! mike

Yeah I completely forgot about the movie recording mode. I have a 512 mb card right now, and even with all the practice pictures and shots I took on the dive trip, I didn't even come close to filling it up.

I wish I could have got in a second dive, and I wish I had brought my laptop so that I could see how they really looked between dives. I still can't decide if I want to take it on my trip to Roatan, but more than likely I will. Even if I don't fill up the card while on vacation, having it on the flight alone would be worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom