My GoPro Movies - Sharks, Sea Turtles, Goliath Grouper, Stingrays, It's all here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a PADI instructor. I am sure your local dive shop has good opportunity for a few training courses:
1. Peak Performance Buoyancy - very useful
2. Underwater Naturalist - extremely useful
By putting yourself out here you exposed you and your mate to judgment you can't then say keep out especially when your footage encourages bad practices I am afraid
The good news things can improve maybe in a few years when you have got a bit better you will look back and think what the hell was I doing
Right now you are in the incompetent unconscious stage and we are trying to move you into the incompetent conscious, it is normal is called learning

Thanks for your concern, I'm not trying to be a jerk or be hostile, but your trying to tell me to stop doing something I love and that's not really going to happen. Could I perhaps change my techniques, yes, like you said I'm learning. I'm taking my Advanced open water, and Rescue courses later this month, and i'll be a dive master by Thanksgiving.

Thank you for the constructive criticism. I went back and watched my videos and I do see what you guys are talking about. By no means did I intentionally mean to harm or harass any wildlife. I just got a new program and I'm going to practice color correcting my videos tonight. Hopefully they'll look pretty sweet.

---------- Post Merged on September 7th, 2012 at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous Post was on September 6th, 2012 at 05:47 PM ----------

Used Adobe After Effects last night to color correct a few of my clips. I think I still need some practice but man it makes a huge difference. If any one h as any tips or suggestions let me know.

[video=youtube;dhOcfCsiEGo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhOcfCsiEGo[/video]

Last edited:
Here is a video I threw together of the clips that I color corrected. I think it looks pretty darn good for my first try.

[video=youtube;GXdLd4v-bEY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXdLd4v-bEY[/video]

Great improvement
You need to be careful though as rebalancing the video can introduce additional noise
The best is to have a filter when you dive to try and get it right first time

I already use a filter. I have the Blurfix flat lens and the UrPro CY Filter. It's the probably the best option available right now.

This is the Blurfix with the CY Filter

cyfilter.jpg

And this is the tray I put together about a week ago. I have only used it once and vis was bad so basically didn't get to use it yet. In the picture it doesn't have the filter on. It's just a screw on filter.

trayandhandle.jpg

originally I had the handles on top, but my hands were cramped next to the gopro and I feel like I can look through the LCD screen better this way. I'll have to use it both ways and see which way I like better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom